Thursday, November 16, 2006

Kickin it off!




So I am starting this blog because it is a great time for new beginings in my life. I have a ton of things going on-great things at that-and I want to make sure I document all of them!! AND take this chance to share them with all the people I love! Well...for starters I thought everything in my life was already going great! I have a great job, the most fabulous friends I could ever have imagined, a great family-even though we are all kinda scattered about :), a great house-with 3 awesome roommates who I love to death, a boyfriend who makes me the happiest person in the world-most days that is!, and of course the coolest and sweetest little doggy in the world! So what more could I want?? I am only 26 and I already feel like my life is fluttering along perfectly!


But....little did I know all the suprises, or blessings really, that were coming my way!


The biggest and best surpise, that most of you already know-is that Seth and I are going to have a baby! Thats right I am 12 1/2 weeks and just went in for my three month check up yesterday! I was so super excited because I was finally going to get to hear the heartbeat!! Because up until now, I havent exactly gotten to experience the joys of pregnancy, you might say-more like only the joys of being nautious about half of the day every day, and usually spending at least an hour or so of quality time with myself leaning over the toilet on the nice cold bathroom tile floor! So needless to say I was ready for some "good stuff" and this apointment was just that! The only thing-Seth was out of town working so he couldnt go! But seeing as I do have the greatest friends in the world-Abby AND Dawn went with me to hear the heartbeat and hold my hand in case they told me it had like 15 fingers or something. :)



So I had the regular ole exam done and everything and everybody is as healthy as can be! Oh one more thing-I did have to do the weigh in (which I should have told my self not to eat before I went in! Dang it!) and I have gained like 10 pounds! So the walking is a must going forward! Anwyays, so then we got to hear the heartbeat and it was the most awesome sound ever! It was super fast and kinda sounded like "wham, wham, wham, wham". So I was already stoked about that, when she said-hey comon and lets go take some pictures and see what we can see in there! Of course I was so excited seriously I dont think I stopped grinning the whole way down the hall. Abby, Dawn, and I-and Elizabeth-the fantabulous doc-went to do the ultrasound thing, and I kid you not, it was the coolest most awesome experience I have ever seen or had in my entire life! The baby was super bouncy and was moving all over the place, you can see its head and body and even little legs and arms. And all this and it is only 2 inches-about the size of a lime they say!!! Now before you ask-no we could not tell the sex, but only like a month and a half or so and we can! Yay! But for real, I just stared at it and could not believe there was this itty bitty thing moving around like crazy inside of me! By far something I will never ever forget!



With all that said..I would like to introduce you all to "Baby Shelby"!! (for those of you who dont know that is seths last name :) )

I know it is kinda small but just so you can know what you are looking at-the head is on the right, and the body to the left-kinda like a peanut. And then the little thing in the "air" towards the top is one of the hands, and the little whit dots on the far left are the little feet. Well that is about it! I am so happy right now it is insane and I think I have been smiling since I left the doctor's office yesterday! For real! So thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of me and I will do my best to keep you posted on everything that is going on over the nest few months! And on one last positive note, I have been nausea free for about 5 days! I think that is a record or something! Love you all-Mindy









9 comments:

hihippy said...

simply amazing! i'm smiling now too!

Unknown said...

OMG Mindy!
That is sooo awesome...
I bet it has to be a great feeling.
I'm so happy for you!
Can't wait to find out the sex!
Keep us posted.
Hope to see you soon.
Luv, Gaby

Nichole said...

I am so happy for you and Seth! This is truly a wonderful blessing! definitely keep this blog updated-it is so crazy to think you have this life growing inside of you every second:) Miss you baby girl!

Mindy said...

Aw thanks ya'll! I seriously have the best friends ever! And I promise to keep it updated! yay!

Karla said...

I love your blog! It's so sweet! It's truly a blessing that you and the baby are healhy. Thank God! I cannot wait to find out the sex :) I miss you babe! Take care of yourself.

Khim said...

Oh Mindy!!!! I know I tolf you that I was never ever coming back to Arkansas, but I will be there the minute you call me, and I want to hold my niece/nephew. You are a true "Hot Mama"

Jaime said...

You are just begining the most beautiful, sweet, and difficult ride of your life. Baby "Shelby" is one lucky kid! You're going to be a great mama. Cherish every minute because it all goes by so fast (I know it's hard to believe those seemingly endless moments in front of the toliet will soon be a distant memory, but it's true!). And on a selfish note... I am so excited to have a new cool Mommy friend...those are hard to come by! Please don't ever hesitate to call me if you have questions, concerns, or just need to talk to someone who had thier body taken over once too. I'm excited to see all your future posts.

Love you,
Jaims

heatherandjonpriddy said...

honey. i am soooo happy for you guys! you will be great parents! and, i too can't wait to find out the sex of this baby!! congratulations! luv ya!! heather :)

Megan said...

Yeah Momma! I'm so excited for you guys! And this blog's a great idea.. I have a friend who did it from the day she found out up until his 3rd birthday, and still going. It's such a great way to stay updated! Good luck!! Love you both!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers