Wednesday, January 3, 2007

And......its a BOY!!!


Yay! By far the best moment of this pregnancy thing so far! Yesterday Seth and I went in for our 5 month check up, and with super high hopes of finding out what we were having. And Ill say it again and again this was definitely the best day ever!


We sat down in the room with the big machine and the doc came in. She squeezed all that blue jelly stuff on my tummy and plopped the thing right on it and there the baby was again. Just like last time I saw it, only this time a lot bigger. And not only looking like a little peanut! But looking like a real little baby! The arms and legs were so much longer than before and you could actually see the little handds and fingers and feet and toes.


She showed us all the cool stuff to let us know the baby was developing right, like the umbillical (sp) cord, and the line down the center of the head which showed that both sides of the brain had developed correctly, there was fluid in his stomach, which means that the baby knows how to suck-which is super cool, and there was fluid in the bladder, which means all that down there is working properly too! :) The she pointed out the eyes, nose and mouth and ears. All looking good!


And then we just kinda watched him play for a little while. We got to see him yawn, and was punching like crazy!! Kept putting his hands up like he was ready to fight-which I am still not certain if I am excited about that. haha. And then he was crossing his feet and then uncrossing them, and then crossing them, and then uncrossing them, it was so cute!!!! Then he started eating his hand and sucking on his thumb. Again like the cutest thing I have ever seen. So while he was busy doing all that, and basically just jumping all over the place-never stopping for one second, she started to look between his legs to see what he was!! And of course, he started putting his hands between his legs. haha. So she kept trying and trying, and still hand between the legs-like no, I dont want to show you yet. But finally the doc was like..ah there is the belly button, and that is definitly not a belly button! Its a boy for sure. SO then we knew, there was a little something extra in there. It was so cool. We were having a boy just like we wanted!!


Not that I would have been any less thrilled with a girl, but I have just felt this whole time like it was a boy! Of course Seth is so happy, I know this is what he preferred for sure! And I am so glad that he finally got to see the baby move around and everything. It makes it so much more real when you finally see it! It was super cool to watch him see the baby for the first time on there and movin around and what not. And not to mention that he is already telling his friends that ..at first they though there was something wrong, they thought the baby had three legs...but then they realized it was not another leg and that it was a boy..you know things like that. But hell, I guess this is the only time he can do that, so go right ahead seth! haha.


Well I have attached the pictures this time and they are not the best, but at least you can see what you need to. The top one is of the face and you can see the skeleton like head, eyes, nose, and mouth, and then the bottom one is of course showing his package! Thats what the arrow is pointing too. I think thats his little bottom and then the arrow just to confirm its a boy!


So there you have it. Again one of the best days of my life. I am so happy and words honeslty can not express what i am feeling. Its such a relief and a blessing now to say, its a boy, instead of its just a baby. I dont know, just really really cool. Oh and we got a VHS of the whole visit and Seth is turning it into a DVD today so Ill see what I can do about attaching it here when I get it back from him. LOve you all ! Peac-

2 comments:

maaydaay said...

WooHoo!!!! Yay! That is the sweetest blog ever, I got all teary eyed. I am just so happy for you :) Have you picked a name?

Scarlette

Kylie Williams said...

Yes she has picked a name. The baby's name is Neal. and thats the end of it.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers