Thursday, June 14, 2007

Elem's 1st swim

Yes, I know I know, he is so young for us to be puttin him in the pool, but hey, its super hot outside and the pool is warm, so we thought why not. Elem LOVES to be outside, and he just started liking the bath, so we thought, you know what, its time to introduce the boy to the pool. Not like we were going to have him in a float for the entire day or anything, we just wanted to get him in the cooler water-you know compared to bath water, to see what he would do. Both seth and I are water babies and we love to be in the sun all the time and be in the water and swim and just play, so we think Elem will like it too.

SOo we went over to Seth's parent's house around 1:00pm today just for a few minutes to take a dip. I stripped Elem Down to his diaper, because of course there are no new born swimsuits that I can find. And since he is still too small for the 0-3 month stuff, its hard to find stuff like that. Then I lubed him up in sunscreen from head to toe and off we went to the stairs. Unfortunatley he had been taking a nap cause like I said before he loves the heat and being outside in the sun. So he kinda was awoke by his feet hitting the somewhat cool water. It was apparnelty not pleasant to the little guy.



So daddy picked him up and cuddled him for a sec to make sure he was okay. He was cool with that for a few minutes. I thin it was just the initial shock of you pleasantly sleeping and then someone putting your feet into the water. haha



Then he went back in for a few swirlies with the feet. Still not feeling it! Although I thought it was coming. You know that he would realize hey its hot as hell out here and you know what mommy, I do want to chill in the pool with you guys. But no:




After that we decided to give him a break. I rocked him for all of 5 minutes and boy was he done. He was so tired from all the screaming that I think he just wanted to drift off. Poor thintg. We really were'nt trying to wear him out, we just wanted to introduce him to the pool and everything, Before I knoew it, he was out. :




Seth went inside and got the winnie the pooh chair so Elem could sit and enjoy the vibrating chair and watch mommy and daddy swim laps and frolick in the ole pool. And Papa mow the yard. It was really cool, but Elem just wanted to chill and check out the pooh chair toys:




After about an hor he was out and the day was complete. haha. So much for first time swimming, but at least we got him in there. I hope be starts to like the water though. I really want to keep him around it so he is excited and what not with the pool and just swimming and everything. Its so good for you and I was on a swim team all growing up. And seriously, not only was it like the best exercise for a kid ever,. but it was such a great time., I absolutley loved swimming on a swim team and all kids got ribbons. No matter what place. Its so goood for self esteem. anyways, we will see. So until next swimming lesson, we will think happy thoughts. But overall, what a great day. My baby got in the water! How cool!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers