Thursday, July 5, 2007

Stocking up to go back to work! a NEW work!


Yes thats right, about a week ago, reality hit and I realized that in only a few short weeks I would be going back to work. Crazy to think that I have already been off work with Elem for 8 weeks. Before I had Elem, I thought 8 weeks would be enough time to be with our baby and at least be able to go to work and be okay with it. Anyways, the time is here and its time for me to get back into the working world and start earning some much needed money and start saving for the ole college fund!

But good part is, I am going back to a NEW work. I got a great opportunity to be the daycare and afterschool care director of the battered womens shelter here in little rock. Its called Our House. And I took it! Although my best friends and people who I call family work with me at Perks, its just an opportunity I couldnt miss. I think it is the best decision for my new family and thats what means the most to me. The cool thing about the new job is I get free daycare which will be saving me about 130 bucks a week, AND I get to bring Elem to work with me every single day!!! :) WHat more could I ask for?? Other than staying at home for the next year, I think its about the next best thing. So I start on the 16th I believe or whatever Monday of that week is, and I suddenly realized that I am not going to be able to breastfeed at any moment like I do at home!

So like I said this was a couple of weeks ago when I started thinking about all this, and so I have been trying to stock up on breastmilk. Its amazing now that I have been sitting down and thinking about it how much actual milk he eats every single day. And I have to have enough so that I can work and do my job and have enough for him too. WIth that in mind I have been pumping away. Seriously I have been pumping like every single second I could to try and get as much saved up. ANd next week I am going to be like in overdrive!

Hopefully by the end of the week Ill have enough to ensure that he gets what he needs because I really want to keep breastfeeding for at least another month and hopefully for the first 6. Anywho-pray that I can get enough saved up to not have to supplement with any formula. Its just so much better for him and I only want him to keep growing and staying healthy. Even though he has turned into my little rolly polly. haha. But check out what I have saved so far. Looks liek a lot huh? But I got a long way to go. okay off to pump!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers