Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Aidan and Avery

Today two of my most favorite people-one of my very best friends-Steph, and one of my very favorite cousins and great friends-Leslie both became mommies! Steph actually checked into the hospital yesterday to be induced after a much long pregnancy of 41 weeks and 3 days! She tried to wait it out, but Mr. Aidan Patrick was not coming on their time. She ended up having a C-section around 2:47pm or so, and he came into this world weighing 10lbs and 7oz! Wow! Oh and not to mention he was 22 inches tall! Bless your heart Steph, I am so proud of you! And so happy that you are a mommy! You will be the best mommy ever!!! He is perfect and healthy and happy as can be! (He would probably have staid in there another few weeks if he could have gotten by with it, but I dont think Steph could have made it too much longer.

Leslie on the other hand, had a much easier and what I would call the quickest delivery ever! She has been a high risk pregnancy all along, so she checked into the hospital this morning at like 9am and Ms. Avery Claire was delivered via C-section at 10:30am. She was not a planned c-section either, but came out just perfect! She is more on the petite side and weighs 6lbs 4oz, and is only a mere 18 inches long. Sweet little girly. I am so happy for Leslie as well, she is going to be such a fabulous mommy too! Elem now has another cousin to play with at the family gatherings!

I was going to try and go visit each of them tomorrow or this weekend, but Ali called me and said she and Dustin were headed to the hospital to see Avery so I met them there as well. (Seth was out of town for the day and wont be back till late tonight). Luckily, they both delivered at Baptist, so I planned to go ahead and see both in the same visit. We did catch Leslie, CHad, and Avery, but Steph was all tuckered out. Although, I didnt get to see Stephy, I did see Aidan out in the hall, and he was only 5 hours old! He was peaceful, and had tons of dark brown hair, super thick, and to me looked just like Steph. I think. Or maybe Aaron, I cant really pick. Anyways, he was perfect, and just slept while we all stared at him. All wrapped up in his little bed. We saw Aaron on the way out too (the dad) and he was grinning from ear to ear, but looked so tired and let us know they were all done for the night! Which is sooo understandable. I am sure they had been up all night waiting on Aidans arrival. So we will visit him when he gets home.

Like I said, we did see Avery and fam and she was so beautiful. I did catch some pics too. Leslie looked great and actually hadnt been to sleep since she had her, so was pretty tired too. Elem LOVED Avery and kept saying, bay bay for baby. He just stared at her and really wanted to hold her. She was light as a feather too, so little and slept almost the whole time we were there.

Ms. Avery Claire Folse-looking just like her momma with her daddy's chin. :)


And mommy and Avery-Leslie looking so pretty after just having a baby!


Then of course one of Aunt Mindy and Avery :)


Elem and Cecilia checking out their new cousin


All stretched out and ready to eat!


What a great day for a birthday! I cant believe they were born on the same day but I am so thankful they are both here-healthy and each more precious than ever! You are both such great friends and I am so happy to have you in the mommy group. Its super hard to find cool moms out there. haha. I love you both and cant wait to spend more time with your newest additions.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Awww...thanks for the shout out Mindy! Give me a call sometime next week. Aaron goes back to work on Wednesday, so feel free to come over whenevah after that. I know I will appreciate the company. Not gonna lie, we are both very tired right now! Those first few weeks are kind of challenging, huh?? :-) Anyhoo, love you and give me a call when you can. I also have some mommy questions for you, of course! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers