Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween

I still have a few posts that I ned to put up, but I figured Id go ahead with the Halloween pics! Last year, Elem was only about 5 months old so Halloween wasnt really all that for us. He did have a costume, he was a penguin, but he didnt really know what was going on, so this year was sooo much more fun! Here is a little reminder of Elem 's first Halloween. Ever seen a cuter penguin.

Nw before I get into the actual Halloween trick or treating...let me tell you how my night began. Halloween night, like every other night, I am at work until about 6pm or so. I made sure all the shelter kids were taken care of, dressed, and in a car heading off to go trick or treating. EVerything was great, I was running a little late, but was finally ready to go. So I stick Elem in his car seat, buckle him in, as he is saying..keys momma keys. So I willingly give them to him for only a second. Close the door to walk around to the other side of the car. Click. I look up, and I am totally locked out. Elem Zane is holding my car keys in his hand and has just pushed the lock button on the key. Are you kidding me? I immediately starting freaking out and sweating, not really knowing exactly what to do. Who to call first, should I try to go find a hanger and open it myself, I am all alone in the shelter parking lot, what do I do??? I call up the hill and tell my friend, the shelter supervisor Elem is locked in my car and I am down here all alone. Then I immediately call Seth and ask him to come and bring the spare key and let us out. Only problem is, we live way out in Bryant, its about 15-20 minutes away. I was so scared for Elem, and he was being so good just sitting there holding my keys in his lap, saying, hey momma, hey. No tears and not even upset. Just a little frustrated he couldnt understand what I was trying to say to him through the window, and not to mention he was already buckled up and couldnt move hardly. I kept trying to tell him to push the button, push the button for mommy, and he actually was pushing it, but just the wrong one-he kept pushing the lock one! Next thing I know, 2 police cars, and then a few minutes later a fire truck-all with sirens, and speeding into the parking lot. Sad, sad, sad. I felt so stupid! How could I have given him my keys??? After about 10 minutes, they got the door opened, and I got my precious little baby out and gave him the biggest hug you can imagine. He told the fireman tan-tu. (for thank you) and gave each of them a high five as they laughed at me. :) A few seconds later, here comes daddy with the spare key, and the crazy event was over. Everyone left and we headed off to the grandparents for the annual chili dog Halloween Night get together. What a way to start the party heh?

Okay back to the real Halloween stuff-I had anticipated getting Elem all dressed up and finding the perfect outfit, but being a working mom and pulling 50+ hour weeks the past two weeks, lets just say I didnt have the chance. :( He did have several options, including a giraffe and a batman costume, but he wouldnt allow either. Elem is not a big fan of wearing things on his head, so neither of those was going to work. So i thought I would use something around the house and shoot for a cowboy. No such luck there either-he wouldnt wear a cowboy hat or the boots. So we had to settle for a farmer. Simple yet cute. And all he would let me put him in. He had some overalls, and a plaid shirt that his grammy got him a few weeks ago, and I threw a scarf on too, but thats all he would allow for. Like I said, no boots, no hat, no nothin. So here you have it. My little farmer...


Sissy on the other hand, had the costume of the year! She was a lady bug, and ALi made her whole costume! It was insane. My goal is to attemt to make Elem a killer costume like this next year! :)


This was as close to a family pic as Elem would allow for. he is so on the move and totally not into taking pics when I plan. Its lke I want a family pic for every little event, and he is so against me! But still sweet, and looking somewhat like a farmer.


While at Grammy and Poppas, some friends stopped by. Here is Elem and his little friend Pax. He was a dog, a very cute little puppy dog.


The view from the back was too cute not to take a pic.


We played for a little while, and then headed out to hit up a few houses for some trick or treating. Elem is still a little too young to understand going form house to house, but he sure got the idea that he was getting candy every where he went! As soon as he walked up to the door, he would hold out his bag and say, "can-dy" ANd most of the time it had like this growl to it. It was hilarious!!! He was diggin the candy thing. He never gets candy at our house, so I am sure he thought this was like the best holiday ever!


We only went to a few houses down grammy and poppas street, and then headed back, because it was actually his bed time! But he still knew what to do, and was a little candy thief. I think he only ate like 3 peices, but he was a mad man when we got home! he was sooo hyper, and just off that little bit of sugar! Geez!


Overall, it was a great Halloween! Despite locking Elem in the car before the whole night got started, we had a great time! I cant wait for next year, because I think he will be more willing to get dressed up, and we'll shoot for him to be saying trick or treat rather than candy every time he sees someone! haha!

We love you little farmer.

5 comments:

Scott said...

So cute! And so glad the key situation worked itself out! I am sure that was scccarry! Note to self: don't give the little guy my keys! :)

Brittney said...

such a cute farmer!!!! LOVE his outfit and his long hair! It is so precious!!!!

Unknown said...

Yup.
It's official.
Cutest farmer alive right there. He is gorgeous.

becky said...

Very cute little farmer. I feel like it has not been a year since last halloween. This time last year we were getting ready to see eachother for thanksgiving and I was 5 months pregnant. CRAZY!!!

mom said...

He is such a beautiful child. I figured you'd have trouble with the costume thingy this year. He may be more amenable next year. He really looked cute in the farmer get-up tho. I wish I lived closer so that I could be there. Kids really make holidays special.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers