Saturday, December 27, 2008

He pee-peed potty!

Holy cow. I can not believe I am writing this down, but exactly 15 minutes ago at 8:15pm, Elem Zane Shelby peed in his big boy potty! I of course was going potty, and Elem always "tries to go when we do", and I took his diaper off, and while naked on his lower half, -he started peeing on the floor, so I shoved him over the toilet (the little one) while he was standing up, and he peed right into it! I immediately started praising him and giving him hugs and kisses and went crazy overboard! I think I might have over did it, but whatever! he totally just peed in the potty and it was his very first time, ever, in the whole wide world! So I quickly told him, you want candy for peeping in the potty? And he for real got it! he tried to go back and do it again, but couldnt get just a little more out, and then he told me he needed candy. Oh my gosh, I think he really understood what just happened. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. Who knew something so little could be so exciting to a mom! haha. Seth is not nearly as excited as I am because he is cooking dinner, but I am smiling from ear to ear, hoping it was not a fluke, and praying that this little glimmer of hope turns into a daily routine! Go Elem. So proud of you big boy! Wahoo!

2 comments:

Mittig family said...

Yea Elem! I understand your excitement-it's a big deal! Hopefully it will continue!
Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I've been lazy about commenting lately, but I've still been keeping up with your sweet little man. And I'm still SO jealous of that hair! Why do the boys get the pretty long hair and my little girl is still half bald?? :)

Scott said...

Congratulations to mommy and baby! haha! This is quite an accomplishment! Hope it continues. I KNOW you are so super pumped to be DONE with the diapers!!!! Woo-Hoo!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers