Sunday, March 29, 2009

"I awriddy did"

Any other moms of "almost 2 year olds" having trouble with getting your kid dressed? What is it with that anyways? I cant figure it out, he doesnt want me to get him dressed for bed, he would rather be naked, but then when I try to take those very same clothes off the next morning, he would rather die than let me do it. We are talking screaming and grabbing on for dear life to whatever clothes are currently on his body, before nice clean clothes can replace them. I have been trying to be pretty crafty and Seth is actually way better at it than I am, but Elem is a smart one I tell ya. Seth usually just takes Elem's clothes and pretends to put them on his leg or head or something, and Elem, is like, no I wan that. Haha. So a little reverse psychology seems to work pretty well. But I dont want to have to play games when I am trying to get him ready to head out to school. haha. Is that really asking too much. To put on clean clothes? I try to put them on in shifts, like change the diaper and while he is peeing in the potty quickly throwing on the pants before he realizes what I am doing. But the shirt-that is the tricky one. And since Elem has learned how to use his favorite new phrase at the correct times, it makes it even that more difficult. Sadly, he has beat me out a few times and I have just sucked it up and let him wear a pajama top to school. Just to avoid a argument or fit to start out the day. But who cant laugh at this: "I awriddy did" followed by "I don wan to" followed by "I wuv ew". Stubborn little Taurus just like his mommy.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Ok, I have to comment about your previous post although Elem is adorable in this one. First of all...I am so sad for you to loose your camera! I KNOW how much that means to you since we used to have them all the time in college...and that was before kids! We have been taking millions of pictures for like 10 years now! one of these days we WILL get together and look at those old ones...lots of fun! Secondly...you are brave to have a slumber party already, but I LOVE the invitations! They remind me of the GREAT note wall of Ghetto Lake!

HA HA...good post!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers