Monday, July 6, 2009

What I love most Mondays

I kind of cheated this Monday and started the post, but never finished it until later on in the week. Oh well. I am super excited because this past week marked the beginning of some serious potty training for us in the Shelby family! And what I loved most about Monday, was that HOPEFULLY, keep your fingers crossed, it marked the last day of diapers for Elem Zane. :) On Tuesday we jumped right in full force with big boy underwear, and Elem was super excited about it. He has been using the big boy potty for some time now, but still hasnt been telling me when he needed to peepee potty, unless he was running around naked. And if I took him to the potty, he would always go, but if I didnt encourage it, he would always pee in his diaper. So I thought it couldnt hurt to just try cold turkey. Day one and 2 we had an even amount of accidents with 3 accidents each day from 8am-8pm. So to me that was a huge success. Day 3 and 4 have been even better and he only had one accident yesterday and so far, no accidents all day today! I am not including night time just yet, although he is waking up with just a tiny bit of peepee in the diaper. So I am currently in full excitement and praising for every single trip to the potty! Rock on Elem, you are a big boy now! His favorite phrase to say about pottying when I ask is, "I too big to wear diapies, I wear un-er-wears". :)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers