Sunday, October 4, 2009

Splish Splash

What is the deal with little boys and puddles of water? And the fact that they just cant help themselves, but to get right in them? With their clothes and shoes on I might add? I guess I will never understand, thinking of it from the clean jeans and clean shoes and socks perspective, but I just go with the flow...and provide a little encouragement. We can get more shoes and more jeans, but this is just classic:

This is after a long day at school, and Elem and I were about to jump in the car to head home and were saying a quick good-bye to one of his best friends-Canaan. I should have known it was too good to be true that he made it through an entire day without messing up or dirtying up one single article of clothing! And as soon as he looked up to me, his eyes wide and excited, while standing at the very edge of a giant puddle, all I could say was, "Jump in silly!" "Just don't fall down!" Before I could even get the sentence all the way out, he was already up to his knees in water, just trudging away.


I remember liking puddles of water, but I remember liking them with my shoes and socks off. Oh well, he had more fun in those 10 minutes that they splahsed around in the water puddles, than I think he had all day. So it was worth it! I'm sure there are many more days of splishing and splashing to come.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers