Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve 09'

Here comes Santa Clause Here Comes Santa Clause....

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I could not have been more excited about all the Holiday traditions and just overall Christmas "stuff" that we got to do with Elem this year. We were super exited to have my mom drive in from Memphis to stay for a few days over the Christmas Break. She arrived on the 23rd, and we were SO lucky to run to the mall and actually find Elem a Christmas outfit-seriously 2 days before Christmas!!! I could not believe it. I am such a picky shopper when it comes to Elem and his clothes (and my clothes too for that matter) that I just couldn't find anything for him to wear before. Like I said though-thank goodness for GAP and their insanely cool clothes-that fit right in to the "style" I had planned for Elem. haha. Not that they are cheap, but I was able to piece a super fly outfit together for the little man so he could make his mark for Christmas 09 in style. Here is what he ended up in...yes he chose the hat himself, and even though it was ADORABLE, I hadnt planned on him actually wearing it to the Christmas Eve dinner at Aunt Nancy's. I dont mess with my 2 year old if I can get everything else I had planned on him -so we went with the hat. :)

My mom and Elem being silly and getting ready to head to Aunt Nancy's. Elem LOVES my mom and is just head over heels when his Memaw comes in town.

Me and my 2 and a 1/2 year old on such a special Christmas Eve. He looks so old here. Sniff sniff.

Here are the twinks. Still looking more and more like each other with every passing day.

As soon as we got to Aunt Nancy's there was lots of eating and chatting, and of course playing with the cousins. Here is little Miss Avery Claire loving the swing with Elem and Cecilia.

Lots of running crazy on the front porch. Uncle Dustin is always a good sport and can take some rough housing and giggling at any moment.

Leave it to me to take away from the fun and force a picture on the toddlers. But come on, who wouldn't? You can tell Elem knows the drill-the more you smile, the faster the pics are taken and the faster we can get up. Sis on the other hand, is giving me the stare down, and telling me to hurry up. She really does love me. hehe

After playing, Elem was SO ready to get in there and open some presents. I had been letting him open a present every few days, just to get him excited about the whole idea, and to encourage him some playing time with his new toys, so there wouldn't be so many that he was overwhelmed on Christmas morning. Once he saw the CRAZY amount of gifts in the living room, he was pretty much done "hanging out" with family. Of course it took a while for everyone to get into the living room, and Elem just couldn't seem to contain himself! I guess he was starting to be overwhelmed with the Christmas Spirit. Haha. We sat right in front, and Elem immediately started asking me if we could sing Christmas songs, which I of course responded with yes! He is soooo in love with Christmas songs that I could not even begin to explain it. And he knows all of the words to every single Christmas song that we sang this holiday season. He kept asking if he could sing Rudolph all by himself for everyone, but once we got started, everyone joined in. And he was not satisfied. My favorite part of the entire Christmas Eve at Aunt Nancy's was when we finished singing Rudolph and Elem asked if he could sing Jingle Bells. So sweet. Seth didn't catch the entire thing on video, but he got enough to show how adorable it was.




After we got home, we spent the rest of the night, getting ready for Santa to come! We made Gingerbread houses with Memaw, baked cookies, and left everything out for Santa when he came.


Elem was sooo excited for Santa to come and he wanted to make sure that he got to leave cookies for his 2 favorite reindeer too! He wanted Santa, Rudolph, and Prancer all to have a snack when they got to his house. It was too cute. After Elem went to bed, Seth and I staid up a couple of hours to get everything ready from Santa. Much easier than last year I have to admit-we planned ahead this year and had been working on putting things together throughout the week. Go us! It was a peaceful Christmas EVe-nothing to hectic, and I was sooo excited about Elem's reaction in the morning, I could almost not go to sleep myself. Next up-Santa!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers