Thursday, May 6, 2010

This time 3 years ago

Its hard to believe that right around this time 3 years ago-on May 7th at 11:00am to be exact, I was on my way in to see my doc for one of my last checkups before I really was ready to "expect " Elem to be coming! I headed in to the Doctors Building just like I had for every single doctors visit throughout my entire pregnancy, but had my mother in law along for the ride, just because she really wanted to go to see if I was dilated any. The day before happened to be a beautiful Sunday, and I spent 2-3 hours walking. It was amazing. Actually the very best day of my entire pregnancy, I felt awesome, happy, carefree, and just wanted to walk, to make sure I was getting Elem nice and ready for his due date, which was planned for May 26th! So when I walked in for my appointment and found out I was dilated to 3 I was more than excited just to know the date was drawing near. However, when I told her of my discomfort due to swelling and what not, and she sent me to get my blood pressure done again, I was not prepared for the comments that followed. "Uhm okay, your blood pressure is extremely high, so we will take it again in about 15 minutes just to be safe." Hmmm okay thats cool, I am a little nervous anyways, feet swollen beyond belief, been working every single day, so maybe it was just a random high blood pressure reading. Next comment, "Uhm Mindy, your blood pressure is way to high, so we will meet you on over at the hospital in just a few minutes. See you there. "

Uhmmmmmm....I had NO idea that was coming! Even when I called Seth, I had to get his mom on the phone to tell him it was totally serious and I was not joking about needing to go to the hospital. haha. I was scared, shocked, nervous, excited, happy, and totally and insanely freaked out beyond all belief. Little did I know the most precious bundle of joy would be welcomed to our family just about 20 hours later.

Weird that I can remember the teeny tiny details, like everything I was dreading (the catheter and pooping on the nurse and doctor!), and everything I was nervous about (actually having him, being alert, etc.) and everything I was excited and happy about (meeting Elem, finally getting to touch him, and just having the whole pregnancy come to an end with the beginning of this little life.)

Ahhhh-good to sit back and remember how crazy things seemed at the moment, but how even more hectic they are at this very moment. haha! Guess you don't know how peaceful you have it till your little ones are actually mobile!

3 comments:

Khim said...

Love it Mindy! Happy birthday Elem!

becky said...

I can't believe he is 3!!! I was so glad when your delivery was over for you:) Love you!!!

mom said...

The first grandchild. What an experience. However, I was glad when your delivery was over also. That sudden extra water gain kind of scared me. I love you!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers