Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'm just sayin'

Elem has really gotten to the point where I don't even notice when he says new words anymore because it seems like every day he says some gigantic words or crazily thought out phrases that I can't believe he is using. Hard to image how much knowledge is crammed into this little person:

Here are a couple of examples:

"Hey guys, this is really a dangerous trick-you got to be careful or you might get hurt!"....insert amazing jump or acrobatic trick or breakdance move.

"Mom, you look so beautiful in your new shirt. I really like it. Did you get that from Target? "

"Dad, did you see that totally awesome throw when Ryan Mallett threw the ball to Joe Adams and he caught it? Thats gonna be me dad, I'm gonna get a touchdown just like him!"

"Mom, we live in Bryant, AR and we like the Bryant Hornets and the Arkansas Razorbacks and Ryan Mallett-the blue teams and the red teams, not those other teams. "

Thats just a small idea of the kind of things he says all day long every single day-not to mention a zillion why questions, which I am happy to say, that I still answer each and every one-hence my little pack that I made with myself, that I would always go out of my way to do that. However, there are 2 words that he has always used, but have just recently been switched up and I don't think he even realizes he is dong it. I know it is kind of silly, but he has changed so much and gotten so big and grown up, that it kind of makes me smile inside because it reminds me that he is still a little kiss. And even though when you look at him you might think he was like 5 years old, but when you hear his sweet little raspy voice saying words just a little bit off, it kind of melts your heart and makes you remember he is just barely 3 years old. :)



Lately he has been saying...."evenly" for the word even. This morning he said,
"Mom, I don't evenly know what you are talking about, so you're gonna have to tell me what you mean" hehe

He has also been say..."renember" for the word remember. He ALWAYS says,
"Moooooom, you renember? It is so sweet it is almost disgusting! Seriously.

Those are just a couple of things I wanted to remember. Crazy to think how much his vocabulary is building every day. We still read books like mad, have long talks and question and answer times throughout the day where we answer like 20 questions in a rown because he is curious about something, and spell a ton of words out because he wants to know how they are spelled. He is on a kick where he wants to spell all kinds of colors, my name, Cecilia's name, and a bunch of other random words that he thinks of on the spot. Its cute, and again, just cool to think what is going on in that little mind of his.

3 comments:

mom said...

I really miss you guys.

Ali said...

Sounds like what C says. I like that she says "neethen" for even. Like "mom you won't neethen believe what happened today!" And she says "ith" for if. Like "mom let me know ith you want to go to the park".

becky said...

Cute posts!!!! Elem could not be any more beautiful!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers