Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A look back on Summer

Oh, summer where did you go?

So, with the camera gone and school and work keeping me going 90 miles an hour, I'v forgotten to mention sooo many thing we did this summer. I want to take a few minutes just to look back and remember the Summer of 2011, even though it went by way to fast for me!

Luckily, there were many many a weekend spent at the lake on Uncle Dustin and Aunt Ali's boat. :) We love love love the lake. All of us. And cant ever get enough of it. Uhm, did I mention we LOVE the lake. Sadly, I worked lots of weekends over the summer, so I couldnt go as many times as I would have liked (like every weekend), but I did get to go plenty and Elem and Seth got to go even more. So it was great! Elem loves driving the boat, swimming in the lake, going super fast, and we all love going to the dam to jump in, freeze our booties off, and climb back in as fast as possible. Ahhh-love the lake.

Hung with the girls at Steph's baby shower for Mr. Gavin. Love these girls. I dont get to see them enough at all! One day, Ill have regular hours like the rest of the world and I will spend lots and lots of time with these amazing girlies like the good old days!

Elem took up planking. We can thank daddy for this one, because he took up planking too. It was short lived, but still fun. He does have amazing form though I must say.

Night out with the girls for Ali's birthday. Wooo hooo. Love these girls too and wish I could hang out with them more also! One day, one day!

Chillin' with Uncle Dustin. We love Uncle Dustin and thats all there is to say about that.


Celebrated Nate's FIRST birthday! July 4th themed, and so much fun! Nate, Seth, Pawpaw, and Elem.

Elem went to vacation bible school at his little school, and he loved it. There was lots of games for the kids to play and tons of bible stories where they got to do hands on crafts to go along with the story. It was so cute to hear him come home and talk about those.


More vacation bible school, sitting by Cecilia of course!


Swimming lessons with friends, thanks to Ms Callie :)! Swimming lessons were probably the best thing we could have done this summer for Elem. They were so much fun to watch, and after just 6 swimming lessons, it is safe to say our kid can swim on his own! Ms. Callie is GOOD! He still needs to be watched, but he can swim all over Grammy and Poppa's pool, from deep end to shallow end. It is amazing how quickly they learn. So glad we did this.

And more swimming. Big pool, little pool. It doesn't matter! I even got in the little pool in the back yard. Water is water. HA!

And without a doubt, plenty of water gun fights over the summer. Water guns were the only guns aloud in our home, since I have a huge dislike of them. But they made their way, when Elem got some HUGE ones for his birthday, and he just loved them!!! He is so serious about his water guns too. hehe.

It was just a great summer, and we are so thankful for our friends and family and that we got to have some fun, even though our lives are so hectic. :) We love the sun and love the water, so the summer is pretty much my favorite time of the year. I did get a little tired of the month long 110 temps, but we managed and just tried to play outside when we could! So long summer days and hello fall and football!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers