Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Celebrating Elem's 5th Birthday

It is so hard to imagine that 5 years ago, I actually thought I would be able to make it to the point where Elem was turning 5! And would soon be saying goodbye to preschool, and entering into the world of Kindergarten. I am shocked when I look back over the past 5 years, at how fast time really does fly, how much Elem has grown (physically, mentally, emotionally), and how awesome it is to see some of the traits that he had as an infant and toddler still shining through in his sweet little personality. 

On May 8th, we celebrated Elem turning 5 years old!
Happy Birthday to you my sweet boy! We love you more than you could ever know!!!

This was a particularly hard year to plan for his big party, with my being pregnant, graduating the same weekend, and working all kinds of crazy hours. So when Elem said he wanted his party at the Little Rock Athletic Club again this year, I was thrilled to do something familiar that I knew would be a hit and he would have a blast. 

Luke, Elem, Tate, and Logan (friends from Elem's School)
Elem and Tate taking on the zipline
Elem and Korbin having some fun
Happy 5th Birthday to you Elem!
Excited about presents......
........and more presents.......

Shooting some hoops on the bball court.

Cecilia in the tubes and play area

Daddy, Elem, Uncle Spoon, and Rowyn playing some ball
Elem and Memaw after the celebration

Mommy and her Big 5 year old! Sniff sniff. 
Again, I am amazed at how quickly Elem has gone from a toddler to a Kindergartener. It is so sad, but so rewarding at the same time. This guy sure knows how to have fun, make us laugh with his silly dance moves and crazy jokes, has more athletic ability than Seth and I combined, loves music much like his parents, is insanely stubborn and strong willed, and continues to have the sweetest little spirit about him. I love you Elem Zane and am so excited to watch you grow over this next year. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers