Friday, February 9, 2007

Cecilia is here!

This week has been super crazy and I am happy to say thank goodness its Friday!! Tuesday night we got a call from Seth's parents letting us know that Ali-Seth's sister-had gone to the hospital. Her water broke at 10:00pm and she was on her way to having that baby!! We didnt hear back from them for the rest of the night and when we called around 7:30am she will still in labor and not ready to deliver just yet. The poor girl had an epidural at 5:00am and although it gave a little relief, she was still in lots of pain. It just broke my heart to see her all morning, just cringing and tears rolling down her little face. Knowing all along that she had that pain medacine but it just wasnt doing the trick. Of course I had to head to work about noon, and couldnt get back till 4:00pm or so, but I am so happy to say that little Cecilia was born at 3:07pm weighing in at a grand 6lbs and 11ozs. and 18 inches long. How exciting is that???? I have held so many babies, but never one that is under an hour old by far! And she was so perfect. Not even wrinkly, if you can believe that. She had Ali's eyes, and was so tiny. Her cry was even cute because it was so so soft. I am not quite sure how long that will last, but for the time it was adorable. So we held her and heaad on out to give Ali some rest. The poor thing hadnt slept in like two days. She will be going home tonight with not just a family of two now but a fmaily of three!! Oh I am so so happy for them. They are the best brother and sister in laws I could ever imagine and they are going to be the greatest parents.

Now all that said, let me just tell you that in the 4 hours that I was at the hospital before she had the baby, I did my research. haha. Just kept asking her how she was feeling, and what not. Several things I was not aware of- that now I am sure I will be worrying about until I have the baby. haha. Some of those include, of course her epidural not working so great. I have heard great things, until I saw Ali, and the damn thing just didnt take like it was supposed to. The pain she was in, I seriously hope I do not ever have to feel. And then also the fact that you no longer can have an enema before you get your epidural!! I was so planning on that, and now , well most of you know what that non option leads to. My worst nightmare. Oh you have to have a catheter-however you spell that-I was not aware of that!!! And another thing, no one can stay in there with you when you get that epidural. So that is scary. And there were many many more, but I wont go into all of them. Guess I am just more scared of the actual delivery than anything. haha. But with good reason. :)

So other than that I am just glad this week is over. The client visit we had on Tuesday was enough to take out all my energy, then the excitement of Ali having her baby was so draining too, and now I am just ready to spend a nice calm weekend with Seth! I know he wants to party I am sure but I just cant do it anymore!!

On a final note, I gave Seth an ultimatum that he had to contribute at least one baby name suggestion-a good one-not a silly one-by the end of the week. So he has till tomorrow. So we will see where that leads us. haha. Ill keep you all posted.

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers