Thursday, May 24, 2007

And we are back, to blogging that is!





I know it has been so long but I am finally back! At least I am going to try!! But these last few weeks have been so busy and just kinda like a little roller coaster ride, actually. Just full of so many emotions and so many feelings and they all came pretty much over night-happiness, pain, love, drained, excitement, scared, tired, confused, blessed, worry, etc. etc. I dont even think I could list them all out cause I would go on all day. Although there have been some crazy crazy emotions, nothing compares to the feeling of looking at Elem and knowing that we made him, and that he grew in my belly and that he is here! I am so in love, its something that I always heard people say, but never understood until I actually held Elem.


Over the past few weeks, I am finally getting into somewhat of a routine. And in routine I mean, breastfeeding about every hour-2. Haha. Its such a great feeling knowing that I am giving him all these nutrients that he needs, and its is a great time for bonding, but it is soo time consuming. And I really kinda only feel like a feeding machine! All day and all night all I do is feed. Feed, feed feed. Dont get me wrong, like I said before, I do love it, but it does restrict your daily habits. I pretty much cant go anywhere unless it is only going to take an hour at the most, including driving, because he needs to eat every hour to 2 hours. Even going out to eat isnt really possible, so we have just been hanging around the house and at his parents for the most part.


Other than the restrictivness with the breastfeeding. It also hurts! haha. Not too too bad, but yes it does hurt. Not only does it hurt, but they are also HUGE! I never really understood the whole breastfeeding thing, but thank goodness for my breast pump. I dont think I could live without it. Its like if you wait to long or say he doesnt eat for 2 hours cause he is sleeping really good, you HAVE to pump, because your milk is all there and ready for him. And if you dont get rid of it, it will just keep adding up and it is painfull!!!So there you have it, the joys of breastfeeding.


Besides the breastfeeding, I also had my first Mothers day! Which was fabulous! Seth got me some flowers and a picture of Elem in a frame. Oh it was so perfect. It was the first weekend after I got home with him, so I needless to say I couldnt do very much. But just being with my family made it so wonderful. Elem was the best mothers day gift I could have ever asked for.


Then I also had my birthday on the 20th and got to have some adult beverages for pretty much the first time. So that was cool. Other than that, I am just trying to recover from this c-section. I had no idea that the dang recovery would take so long! I went in to the doc on Monday and of course I have this one part of my incision that has not sealed up yet. Its called like a sonoma or a soroma, I am not sure. But its basically this little pocket that is still open under your skin, and it oozes and doesnt seal up like the rest of the incision. Its so grose! And it still hurts. So I have been busy taking care of that and trying to just rest so it will hurry up and heal, but I am kinda going stir crazy. Elem and I finally went on our first walk yesterday, but I really need to wait for this thing to heal up before I get out and about too much.


Well I think that is about it for today. But I have included some pics I tool of Elem yesterday:) Enjoy!

2 comments:

Karla said...

It's good to hear that you and the baby are doing well......Elem is so cute. I hope that things continue to get better for you. Take care and hope to see you soon! Love ya!

Mindy said...

aw thanks Karla! He is such a good baby! Only cries when its a must so I can handle that!We love you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers