Tuesday, May 29, 2007

we need some sleep!





Man I thought I knew what I was getting myself into, but seriously every single day its like I get more and more tired. Of all the nights I have staid out kickin it and what not, you would think, I would have been ready for a couple weeks of little sleep, but its so so much more draining than I thouht. Lately, I have been pretty much running on fumes. The schedule for now is pretty much like Elem sleeps from about 6:30-7:30am, up to eat, we go back asleep till about 8:30am and then back up to eat, chill he stays awake for about an hour, back to eat at 9:30 or 10am, slees till about noon, back up to eat, up for about 30 min. back to sleep till about 2pm, up again around 3 or 4 to eat, gets up and chills for about 1-2 hours, eatin time again, sleep again till 7 or 7:30pm, eats a little more, sleeps again till about 9or 10pm, eat-eat-eat-, sleep till midnight, eat again, sleep till about 2:00am, eat for ever it seems, back to sleep till about 3:30, up to eat, sleep again till about 5, eat for only a couple, sleep again at 6:30am and then it all starts over!


So yes it doesnt look too bad, because I mean yes he has to sleep all the time and eat and change his diaper I know I know. But when you imagine never getting more than like 1-2 hours of consecutive sleep for the past three weeks, and trying to sit up every night to hold a little baby so he can nurse! It just blows my mind! So this weekend we tired a little something that I think will help us in the long run. We gave him his first bottle! Now I was totally against it but geez I need some help. Big time! So I just pumped and saved the milk and then we heat it up if need be. So he has only had like 3 bottles total. But it has helped when I really needed it. Like the other morning. Seth did the 6:ooam feeding. SO that let me get like 3 hours of sleep at once. It was great!


Other than the lack of sleep I am loving every minute of being a mom. Elem is such a good baby, and he only cries at the needed times. Which is awesome. Now he does scream bloody murder when he gets a bath, but other than that, the screaming is at a minimal.


Now what he does do, that is so crazy, is GRUNT! I mean we have a serious grunter on our hands people. He sounds like a little goat, so everyone is calling him our little billy goat. It is so cute, but its a little scary at night, cause I of course am all paranoid and afraid he might be choaking or something or suffocating-hey its hard not to think those things! But really its just his personality! haha. He s just really vocal and needs to grunt every day all the time. Like every time you move him, you will definitly get a few grunts sent your way. hhaa. Its is so so funny.


Another thing he has been doing is sleeping with his mouth open. haha. It of course is so cute-to me everything he does is so cute, but for real. What makes it so cute is that Seth sleeps with his mouth open a lot! So like father like son.


On another note, we basically have a son that is the spitting image of his daddy these days! I would like to joke that we are not sure that he is seth's but there is no possibility of that! haha. I mean, he has his eyes, his lips, his expressions, his cheeks. everything! So for now, I am just saying that he has my hair. Its the only thing that might be like me! Hopefully one of these days I will see some part of me in him, I mean I did carry the little dude for 9 months. :) So we will see. But for now I just included a couple of images for ya!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers