Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father's Day for Seth! Yay!

Welp, its official. Seth and I have had our first Mothers and Fathers Day with Elem. And honestly, its really weird, and I know I am speaking for Seth, but its like I neverf realized how special those days were to mothers and fathers until I became one. I mean they are even better than Christmas kinda. Just to know that you have a beautiful baby that you are going to take care of and watch them grow. So cool and so special.

Like I said this past weekend was Fathers Day-6.13.07 and it was Seths first. He was really excited and I think we managed to have a pretty special day.



I had planned on taking him to breakfast or brunch but we actually didnt wak up until 11:15am! Well he didnt wak up till then, Elem and I of course woke up at 4, 6, 9, and then got out of bed at 11am. Haha. So the breakfast thing was a no go but we got up and headed over to Seth's parents house to chill and lay out by the pool and just enjoy the day. But before we could head out, I got Elem up and ready and even bought this super cute outfit especially for Fathers Day! It was so so cute. It was a striped onsie and had little pockets on the side of the legs and everything! So like every other time we have tried to get out of the house, it takes forever!!! so I went ahead and put the outift on him, about 30 minutes before we actually were about to head out the door. Seirously, all we had to do was finish feeding him, and brush our teeth and we were done. Spoon was at the house so he was holding Elem while Seth and I brushed our teeth and then in he comes to our bathroom. Letting us know that Elem had "an explosion" hahaha. Its funny now, ut I of course knew what that meant, and was like give him to me. And just as I suspected, the poor little guy had gotten it all up his back and totally ruined the fathers day outfit! :( Before we could even get out the dang door. hahaha. Anyways, its all washed and fine now, but I totally made a special trip and everything to get that outift and he didnt even get to wear it! What do ya know!

I wanted the day to be special like I said, but as the day went on I ended up just being more tired haha and all I wanted to do was just relax. And seth too. Anyways, Seth got hooked up with lots of goodies for his big day, a hose caddy and a sprinkler from Elem and me (trust me, they were much needed), and the cutest picture frame ever from my mom-I should have taken a pic of it but I didnt. It says daddy rocks on the bottom. I just need to find a better pic to put in it for now, then Ill put it up here. And he got a shirt from his mom and dad and lots and lots and lots of sugar from Elem. :):) I made sure of that.





As the day went on, Chad and Leslie came out and Spoon Laura, and Ali and Dustin were there of course for Dustins first fathers day too. Oh and it was Seth's Dad's first Grandfathers day too.



So overall it was a super special Day. Unfortuntalely my dad couldnt be there cause they were in memphis, BUT he did get to come two weeks ago so at least he got some lovin from elem then. :) It was his first grandfathers day too!



It was a great day, just a good time to relax and enjoy the moment. Seth is such a great dad and I am so happy we got to celebrate such a special day with his friends and family. Its so freaking amazing to see him interact with Elem. I haved to admit, I was a little skiddish at the idea of Seth being responsible for a baby. haha! Not in a bad way, dont get me wrong he is really responsible and so loving and giving, but he is also a great big kid a lot of the time. And he had never really ever been around and kids at all, I think he had only held like his little cousins twice. But he has done so great. And now seeing him comfortable holding Elem and changing his diapers and clothed and carrying him around the house its awesome. And I really dont have anything to worry about. Elem is so lucky to have a dad that loves his so much., I know Seth will keep doing a great job. Now we just need to work on getting him up in the middle of the night for a feeding or two and he might just be on the road to a perfect man! :):)

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers