Tuesday, June 5, 2007

One month mark...and the mobile!





So today is Elem's one month birthday! Well actually I guess it should be on June 8th technically, but it is the fourth Tuesday since I had him, so I am counting today! hehe. I can not believe that time has flown by so fast! I mean seriously it seems like I was just complaining about how swollen my feet were and asking seth to help me tie my shoes like yesterday! Craziness! Well on Monday I went into the doc and had my check up, and she checked out the incision and everything. Laura said that the incision looked great, just still a little swollen and that it should continue to go down over the next couple of months. She also did an exam on me and continued to tell me that my pelvic bones were just a little too small for a babie's head to ever fit through! I was like Laura-that would have been nice to know before I went through 17 hours of labor just to find out I needed to have a c-section!! Hahaha. But for real, it would have been helpful! :)


Anyways, so the incision is all sealed up and I dont have to pack it anymore or wear ant kind of a bandage. And I am finally feeling good enough to run around about the whole day. It was a long recovery, but feeling good is awesome and I cant wait to be 100% and work out and get back into shape and not be a lazy mom! I feel like all I do is hold Elem all day and feed him and then feed him some more and then maybe chill with Seth for an hour or so at night. I plan on starting to work out next week and continue my daily walk to try an dlose a little bit of weight. I need to weigh myself to see how much I weigh too. I honestly have no idea and I need to get backto where I was before I got pregnant.


Now back too Elem-He is one month old today which you can see in the pics, he is getting bigger, AND he also hit a milestone today! He totally follwed his mobile around with his eyes today! It was so awesome. As most of you know, babies do not have very good vision when they are first born. They only hear your voice and see like a fuzzy vision for the longest. Then as they get older, like a month then two etc. they can finally see your actualy face and recognize people. So today, I put him in his crib and turned on the mobile with the classical music and he was just starring at the little things moving around. He would focus iun on one little animal or whatever and follow it all the way around in a circle. It was so cool to see him actually focusing in on it and then when he would hear me and he would look directly at me again. How awesome, my little Elem is looking directly at things and can follow them. I am so proud!


Other than that today was a pretty chilled day. Seth had to work late and once he got home he told me we had a few minutes to take pics so I took a couple to document the one month mark. This is the only BIG stuffed animal I can find in the house, so that is why we used that one. I am going to try and sit him next to that same animal each month to see his growth. My beat friend from Texas did that with her little girl and it is so cool to see how much she has grown, especially compared to the animal. Anyways, I hope you enjpy the pics of our family. :):) We are so happy it is a little ridiculous and I can not imagine being any happier than I am at this very moment. I love my baby, and I am so in love with Seth and I know they both love me! And we have sage who of course you all know I love, and just everything, my house everything! It is all so perfect. I am so so lucky to have such a great and loving family! Okay gots to go! Love you all!

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers