Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We miss daddy.



Yes we miss daddy soo sooo much around here! He left on Sunday to go to Chicago for work wont be back till tonight! And we had no idea how much we were going to miss him. When he first left, I figured I would be fine and could handle Elem on my own. I mean how hard could it be, he is only a little over a month old, but geez its crazy how much you need someone else there. Not only to hold him when he is upset and screaming, so you can go pee but for your own sanity. Do you know what it is like to chill all day with only a baby who cant talk back to you. Haha Yes it is fun, but it is a little crazy if you think about it!



Luckily my mom and sis came down for sunday night and Monday all day so I had some adults to talk to and they were amazing. They totally helped me out and took super good care of Elem for me. I am so lucky to have them. But they left at about 2 on monday so since then Elem and I have pretty much been chillin at the house. Taking lots of walks, playin with the mobile, on the floor, reading books and taking naps. We also took a couple of car rides and those make the day go by a little faster.


Its weird too how messy your house gets when you dont have someone here to help you. You would think it would be the other way around, but when you dont have someone to take Elem, like after he takes a bottle, you chnage his clothes, give him a bath, you eat-anything-you tend to find a trail of what you have done throughout the day behind you. I mean I keep finding bottles when I think i am all caught up with cleaning them, my dishes, I just dont have time to wash, his clothes and blankets are all over the house, pacifiers everywhere, and so on and so on. Which leads me to a point-major props to single moms. Cause no matter what anybody says or thinks, it is a lot harder than anyone thinks. And I only have been by myself for a couple of days. Haha.


But like I said we miss Seth. Its been such a long time since he has gone out of town for this long, and he hasnt been out of town at all since Elem has been born. So I can not wait till he gets home. I know he misses Elem so much and cant wait to see him either. We have been taking lots of pictures on the camera and sending them to daddy while he has been gone, but I know they are no comparison to holding this little warm baby! And I really think Elem misses him too. He just needs a guy to hold him and to hear a guys voice. His daddys voice.


Well, he will be here hopefully this afternoon or tonight, so until then, think happy thoughts for me, and lets hope Elem has a good day till he gets here so I wont be all stressed when he walks in the door. :)

No comments:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers