Sunday, October 21, 2007

Race for the Cure 2007

What an awesome awesome day it was! Saturday October 20 2007 was Race for the Cure! And it was soo beautiful outside, just perfect for a walk for such a great cause. I have done Race for the cure for the past few years, and it has always been to support some of my best friends and just all the women who they have personally known that have battled the disease. But this year it was a little different. As you all know, my mom is a breast cancer survivior. And I really wanted to walk for her-and of course all the other women , but mainly for her. And more importantly, I wanted her to come and see all those who walk for the cause. So she came up from memphis and we made a little day of it. I am soo proud of her and what she has gone thru, and hope she knows how much we love her. She is a true blog reader, so this one is dedicated to her. :) Love you mom!



I truly feel like a cure for breast cancer will be found. It seems like the cause has soo many people -women in particular-who are behind it and working so hard , that it WILL happen. When we arrived around 7:40 am on Saturday, it was easy to see just how many people supported the cause. There were 45,000 people there, walking, together for the cause. How awesome is that?

SO if you want to be a supporter and arent quite sure what you should do, or if you are like me and dont have a lot of money , haha, you should check out this site. You can go to http://thebreastcancersite.com and click to give someone a free mamogram. :)

So we got to the race like I said bright and early, around 7:740am, and it was a little chilly out there! We met up with Dawn, Steph, and Aaron. Elem's poor little nose was freezin there for a minute. But Aaron tried to keep him nice and warm. How cute are they?


The little nose up close and personal. SO cute! I love this pic. He just looks like a wittle bear.


And yes Elem and I came prepared to support. Like a month ago I was wanting to make sure we had something personalized to show who we were supporting. I ordered this onsie on Cafepress.com. Its this site where you can build your own onsies, bibs, shirts, anything! This way we were sure to give a shout out to our Memaw. If you cant read it, it says, My Memaw Is A Survivor. Love it!And again, I have stuck the child in the leggings. But come on, I freakin love them. Contrary to what Seth thinks, I was not trying to cover up those little chunky thighs, I was just trying to keep those little chunky thighs warm. And stylish all at the same time.


Me and Elem posin for the paparazzi! Is that how you spell that? I didnt realize my sunglasses were so reflective/blinging! They are drawing most of the attention to them. Sorry bout that. It was sunny!


I love love love this pic of my mom and Elem. Memaw and Elem that is.


All three happy it has warmed up a bit. Just finished the walk! Fabulous day.


Elem doing what he loves, pulling/eating my hair. But he still looks cute. SO I guess thats why I just keep letting him do it.


Back at the house, only about 30 minutes after we got home. Elem and Memaw both too tired to stay up and chit chat with mommy. Snoozin for a little catch up rest time along with sage, who is obviously having a bad hair day. :) I am fixing that problem today by the way. I might add, those two slept for at least an hour, and Elem got some of the best sleep he has had in a couple of weeks. Guess Memaws just do that huh?


So happy that my mom could come down and so happy that such a large group of peeps came out to support. Also, so glad to finally get to spend some time with Dawn, Stephy, and Aaron. Okay gots to go pump while I have the chance. Peas-

4 comments:

Mittig family said...

WOW!! Talk about blast from the past. SO glad you found my blog! Aren't these the best? It was so fun catching up on your family-quite a cutie you've got there. Can't wait to keep up with you and yours! Will you be at homecoming?

Brittney said...

Hey there! LOVE that you did the same thing on Saturday. Isn't it such a neat experience! We had a great time too. Love Elem's onsie...I will have to go design us some! Miss you...what is going on?????

Love, B

Karla said...

Hey Mindy! That's was awesome you got experience RFTC with your mother who is a survivor herself. Elem is getting SO big and such a cutie! Can't wait to see you.

Scott said...

So glad we were able to walk with you, Elem & your mom. Love, love, love that pic of Aaron and Elem! We need to have brunch again soooooooooon! Misses you!!!!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers