Sunday, November 11, 2007

6 month milestones

wow! 6 months! That is insane! I can not believe that Elem is 6 months old already. Everyone always says time flies bye and take care of them while they are little, but geez it is so true. 6 months got here before I knew it and I feel like I didnt even get to take advantage of those first few months where he was so tiny. Me and seth were talking last night how it was like yesterday that he was so small when you laid him on your chest, he didnt hit your waist. But now, he hangs down over your waist and your legs and everything else! such a big boy!

6 month milestones:

-mutters dada all day long! and gaga, yaya, baba, and more dada dada dada!!!
-totally takes control of the walker-walks everywhere!!!! and has no problems getting up from the tile to the carpet.
-looks for toys when you take them away or when he drops them off the walker, out of his sight.
-holds anything you give him
-can transfer from one hand to the other with no problems
-puts everything in his mouth, no matter what it is
-turns to our voice or anything making a loud noise
-is aware of sage and loves!!!!! her! even if she is trying to take his toys
-loves baths and does not mind water in the face
-still sleeps with mommy and daddy-we are trying to figure something out for this! :)
-just cut second tooth
-recognizes mommy and daddy's face and voice
-reaches for mommy when she comes in the room-this is my favorite!
-smiles at everything
-laughs all the time-especially when you tickle him, or when sage is in front of him
-will play in walker or content for about 30-45 minutes, but then gets bored
-likes books and to be read to
-loves music and music toys
-weighed 20 lbs about 2-3 weeks ago
-likes daddy to bounce and shake him to sleep if mommy doesnt feed him to sleep
-food likes-bananas, sweet potatoes! best. and also, peas, prunes, hawaian delight, and peas
-can stand up with holding on to one hand. loves to stand and see whats going on-puts plenty of weight on legs'

-most importantly..HE SITS!!!!



Can not believe that he is really sitting up all on his own.



As you can se, this is the face that I see most often-"uh mom, are you done taking pictures, cause I am about to tilt left....ready?? get me get me, catch me...I sure do look cute though dont I?



Its sooo much easier to sit him down, even if it is just for like 1 second, and do something then come back. Its so much better than laying him down. I mean that sucks right? no body wants to lay down while everything around you is going on and everyone can see whats going on but you because you are flat on your back! Well no more for Elem !!! He is ready to sit and play! wahoo!

Thats right, he JUST started sitting this week. I am so happy to report that since I took those halloween pics last week that he has started sitting up. Its sooo cool! And so weird all at the same time. I mean I work with kids every day and I see them
make all these new milestones all the time, but now that Elem was just not sitting last week and now he is, is totally the best feeling ever and I am soo happy to see him progressing so well!

So this week has been big for us. Elem has turned 6 months old, he is sitting, just cut his second tooth today, oh and did I mention that we just found out I am going to be an aunt to a little NEPHEW!!!!! wahoo way to go Becky! My sis is having a little boy and just found out on Friday! I am so excited and so ready to have little boy craziness at Christmas and Thanksgiving holiday parties for the fam! Oh she is gonna be such a good mom! Oh and his name will most likely be Wyatt. Again, could she be any cuter! ? SO it has been a fab week! to say the least!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Go Elem! :-) Btw, I think the one where he is sitting lookin at camera and frowning is preccccccccccccious! :-) So glad your sis is having a boy - Elem is a lucky fella to have cousins so close to his age to grow up with! How cool is that?!? Love you!

Karla said...

I cannot believe he's already 6 months! Elem is so cute...I had to send Troy a picture so he could see how big and cute he is! I can't to see you all. Love ya!

Kylie Williams said...

ok its time to introduce you to this site- Elem's almost old enough.
http://www.knuckleheadsclothing.com/

CUTEST little boys clothes ever.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers