Monday, November 12, 2007

Just another Monday Night

Today Poppa had eye surgery so he got to spend the WHOLE day with mommy at school! Which I am always down for but grammy and poppa like for him to get to spend at least half the day just about every day with them! I am totally cool with that too cause that just means he is getting spoiled by people who love him and getting held all day long, so I have no problems with that :) But like I said, Poppa had some work done on the ole eye ball and he chilled with me. I am happy to report that he did great. He didn't even cry really once until about 5 pm and I think that was just cause he was ready for a nap and I was cleaning and trying to rush him out the door.

Mondays are usually pretty chilled for us around here cause we always watch Monday night football!! Trying to make sure that we are doing good on our fantasy football and what not. haha. Cool I know. Anyways, so let me give you the play by play of a typical Monday for us. Today we got up a little late, around 7:45 am, cause we were all kinda sick this weekend, and headed off to work about 9:30 am. Seth staid home today cause he was still pretty sick. And plus he never stays home sick. I get off about 5:30 or 6 pm and head home with the little guy while Seth is marinating some steaks and getting ready for the game. When I got home, he already had our palate ready on the floor. haha. We have a palate every night because I am paranoid when I feed Elem that I am going to fall asleep and he is going to fall off the couch. Call me crazy I know, but I don't want to risk it!

We walk in the door and daddy has lots of music playing for us, Elem's favorite song right now actually-which is currently Jack Johnson cover song from the Band-I Shall Be Released. Elem and I listen to that song like 5 times a day and it always calms him down-just like his parents huh? Already liking Jack Johnson. I mean he has been listening to him since before he was born. I used to put Jack on the headphones while Elem was in my belly all the time!

First Off, Elem takes a few laps around the house in his car-walker really, but he thinks its a car and if you saw how fast he runs in it you would think it was his little car too! As you can see he is over here in the corner by the high chair


And here he is all the way by the computer, going off the tile on into the living room. Now that was just in a matter of seconds for the camera to focus! He's wild people!


We continue to listen to a zillion songs and sing all of them to Elem! He loves it! We are a music lovin family and Elem already is gettin a nice taste of it! Tonight he heard a lot of Killers for some reason, a lot of Jack, Neo and Ben Harper. he particularly enjoyed Ben Harper-"with my own two hands", which is one of my most favorite songs, and then Neo -"sexy Love" Now how funny is that. WHatever he likes I guess. We like to get a few good dances in to at least a couple of songs a night. Elem is mommy's dancing partner. I love that little man!


Then comes the good stuff!!!! Air guitar to "the killers" by daddy. Elem freakin LOVES it when Seth does Air Guitar. hahaha. And I love it too. Look at him, he is dying laughing! And seth is really good, I must tell you. You all should ask for a concert if you ever come to the house. I promise you wont regret it. Very mature I know, but hey, we have fun!


Wouldnt you be smiling if your daddy was that cool and was like the best air guitar player you had ever seen? Well if he was the ONLY air guitar player you had ever seen then you would think he was the best too! ha!


Here he is cracking up at daddy!


So that is a typical Monday night at our house! Oh so after the steaks are done and we make him listen to one last song, we try to get a cute little family shot. This is what we get:



My personal favorite:


I love family photos. But more importantly I love my family! :):) The only person missing is sagers and she was running wild playing with her new toy. I promise to get her in the next photo shoot. WHich as you all know will most likely be in a couple of days! Baby is up. Gotta run!

2 comments:

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott said...

LOL. Sorry, i just accidentally deleted my first post! Anyhoo - just wanted to say how cute your little fam is! Monday nights sound fun at your hizzidy. :) LOVE that pic of Elem cracking up at Seth! OH, and of course the fam pic where Elem is the MOST excited! haha! Precious...you guys are all precious! Love you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers