Thursday, November 29, 2007

So many things to be Thankful for...



Its amazing how this time of year makes you remember what all and who all your are thankful for. When really, I should be remembering all year around how truly blessed I am and how I have so many things to be thankful for that I can not even begin counting them. Of course with the addition of Elem to our family, I am most thankful for him, and that he is healthy and happy. I am so thankful for Seth and the amazing relationship that we have. He is my best friend in the whole world, and I couldnt imagine having a better family than the one I have right now! I am also so happy that we were able to celebrate with both sides of mine and Seth's family for Elem's first Thanksgiving!



We began our Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday and went to Aunt Nancy's house for some good food and family loving! Elem's Grammy and Poppa were there, as well as lots of Aunts and Uncles, and even the Great Grammy and Pawpaw. We had a lot of fun and just spent a lot of time eating and watching football. Elem was in a great mood all day and pretty much just let people stare at him and hold him and kiss all over him all day. I am so glad that he is such a chilled baby, that he doesnt freak out when relatives who dont get to see him all that much, get around him. I didnt get any pics from then, because I was trying to video the great grandparents, but if someone sends me some Ill post em!

Then Friday, we took a family day, me seth and elem and just sent the day relaxing. I got a crazy hair and tried to go to Old Navy, but once I stood in line for 20 minutes just to return an outfit I had bought the week before, while holding my 20lb son, I decided to not fight the crowds and just lay on my couch and play patt-a cake with Elem. haha. It was way worth it!

hen on Saturday we spent the morning putting Elem's new car seat in, and then headed onto Searcy for Thanksgiving with my side of the family. My parents live in memphis still, but its still a little too far of a drive for us from Little Rock. Elem is a good traveler, but 2 1/2 hours there and then back is a long day in the car and just wares us soo out! Luckily, my aunt and cousins live in searcy, which is just about 45 min to an hour away. So we met up with everybody there for some more good food and lots of lovin on Elem.

I was sooo excited cause I hadnt even seen my mom since the Race for the Cure, my dad like a month before that, and I hadnt seen my sis since geez I cant even remember when. These days she is 5 1/2 months pregnant, and looks adorable! Here we are chillin on the couch with elem! She was so happy to see him. I think she has that baby fever!



And then here we are lookin at the ultrasound of her little boy! She got some really good ones! And I hadnt looked at any ultrasound pics since Elem. It definitly brings back memories of where I was this time last year! Unbelievable to think it has all gone by so fast!


Seth and my sis' hubby, Vincent -right after a big plate of food! Her man is super cool and so sweet, and he just graduated from med school yesterday! Congrats Vincent. And if I have another baby any time soon, I would prefer that you do my epidural this time seeing as I didnt have a great experience last time. And also Its expensive! :) haha. No for real, I love them both so much!


Elem and Seth just being cute.


Although the rest of my family who doesnt normally get to see Elem kinda hogged him I think, I do have proof that my parents did get to touch him! haha!

He did really good all day here too. He was great for the first couple of hours, then he got sleepy and just couldnt get his nap out and ended up being a liittle more clingy from then on. After we stuffed our faces for the second time, we headed back to the rock, and just chilled for the rest of the weekend!

The holiday was great and has gotten me so in the mood for christmas coming up! I love spending time with both families, and love watching everyone play and hold Elem! He is definitly loved to say the least!Gotta feed the baby

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Glad you had a fun thanksgiving! Can't wait to hear what Searcy looked like! I haven't been back in 5 years and can't believe it!

Scott said...

I do so enjoy reading your blog Lou-Lou - thanks for keeping up with it so well! So glad you had such a wonderful turkey day! You deserve all the happiness in the world! :-)

Mindy said...

thanks girls! And I would enjoy reading your blog steph, but you never update it! Get on it yo!

Scott said...

hahaha! I promise I am going to finish our blog and begin blogging sooooooon! :-) Just have to say, I was looking back through your pics and your sis's wittle belly is so freakin' cute! I love it!

Mittig family said...

Hey Mindy-I love that you update so often! Every time I check on your blog, there's more to see! Those pics of Elem are SO SO SO freakin' cute! And yes, baby booties are the most precious. :) Why is it that cellulite's cute on babies? Glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving! We were in LR again that week but we were so busy with family stuff this trip, but maybe next trip we can get together!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url], Many of these games gold was the best investments I've ever prepared merely because My home is great games gold in the winter time. Since Document supply these individuals the time period, I need to an issue attractive or manner and even an item seemed to be ten feet coupled with a little tred on the bottom. These are great since you have them into rush tasks or older a couple of lanky corduroy in to the pub. The no more than aspect I even have harmful to express is the scarce they are surely whenever you make sure you use them on. I feature narrow lower legs therefore i is able to a little buy found on. Friends related to my which may have considered it about simply can't furthermore acquire their twelve inches in the manner. Make certain you attempt people in in a place prior to ordering all of them. I as well increased 1/2 an absolute overall size as well as right.
They may be just what I was expecting and i'm thrilled with [url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url]. All the choosing system am convenient. I had been very happy to figure out how to see some bogus binocular thanks for your time!Volts
I`ve really been delivering games gold all of my your life!! They are seriously popular not to mention attractive. Plaus these are typically extremely attractive like every the ladies within school carry games gold. I will state they are alittle costly, but it is of great benefit with me.
i love my [url=http://www.iystwowgold.com]wow gold[/url]! HOWEVER .. i really should have trusted the reviews i read -- I will persevere buy as i love them -- . they appear terrific! ha ha ha.
I actually take that games gold in the home, whilst chilling out whith my very own pets plus the workplace. They are allways simply pleasant. I additionally wouldn't produce stockings and it also feels so marvelous in the great sheep-whool. Not until it will be way too clothing, the games gold are so style also. Any entryway is a bit tricky and i also might need some a few minutes. However does not matter, as a result of really being whith those games gold.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers