Saturday, December 15, 2007

Night night time

I must admit that Elem does not have much of a schedule these days. Well ever actually! He just never has really developed one. And every time he starts to get one going, of course he changes it up. Since I have to work all the time, I dont have much chance to enforce a routine as much as I would like, but in the morning, while he is at the childcare, and then at night and on weekends, I do my best to try and keep some sort of routine going. The one time a day that always seems to go pretty easy and be some what of a routine is bath time and bedtime. Wait that sounded too perfect, not bedtime as a whole because no he does not sleep though the night, but bath time and then the initial bed time are pretty consistent until he wakes up that first time throughout the night. :)

Elem is one heck of a bath time baby. he loves loves loves bath time. I think it might be his most favorite time of the day, next to breastfeeding that is. Haha. Our nights are totally family time only for the most part, cause Seth and I both work all day and want nothing more than to get home as fast as possible and spend family time with Elem and Sage and each other. Its like if someone asks us to go out, we dont even think twice and we just say no we want to be at home. Everything else just seems so unimportant in the grand scheme of things you know? Family is most important. And time with Elem flies by so fast I really want to take advantage of the time while he is small, before he grows up to be all big and I wont have that little baby anymore! Big baby I mean.

Anyways I am rambling. So around 8pm we head to the bath, pretty much every night. I know that is a bit much and you dont have to bathe your child every night, but he loves it, its relaxing, and its great bonding time. Its so funny too because as soon as we get his clothes off and he sees the water running, he starts leaning over as far as he can get to try and get in. Maybe he will be like a professional swimmer. :) Who knows.

AFter the bath is over, which could range anywhere from 15-45 minutes. Just whatever Elem is feeling like that night! We head into his room to get lotioned up, have some play time, chill with the fam in the floor, and then head to the couch for a night night feeding time and off to sleepy town he goes.

First things first, straight to the floor to prepare for the lotion time. He is still not a fan of getting lathered up.



Then its time to side track him with the stand up toy. He loves to stand up and play on that thing every night. It blows air and like spins the little cylinders. Its super cute. Here he is seriously concentrating on his toy.


cute little dude.


Then after a quick lather, and putting the diaper on, all on the floor I might add-he is also having some crazy issues with the changing table where he cries every single time he gots on there-and so did not used to do that! Then straight into the pajamas!


Givin a little smile- I love that little man!


Cuddle time and play time with mommy-


Play time with daddy-


and then off we go to the couch to feed Elem and before you know it he is out! Okay gotta cut the story short cause he needs me. :)

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Those big blue eyes are melting my heart! Elem is such a handsome feller.

Mittig family said...

What a cutie! I love those eye lashes!

Kimberly said...

His eyes are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Brittney said...

He has some great cheeks! I love squishy baby cheeks!!!! And I love PJ's...probably my favorite thing about baby clothes if you can believe it! Camo rules.

Scott said...

Yes, I concur! All of the above! Those eyes! those cheeks! What a beautiful, sweet baby boy you and Seth have Lou-lou!

Mindy said...

haha you girls are the best commenters ever!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers