Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Or it was, right? needless to say things have been crazy hectic around here, with my work, and seth's job, both sides of our families all wanting to spend time with Elem, and just Elem in general I have not had time to do anything other than just barely get through each and every day. I must say that having a job-well my job in particular and having a little kid is way more work than I could ever have imagined. Can you imagine not even having one second to sit down at the computer to check your email??? Or not having time to eat or go to the bathroom for that matter...that is my life for the entire month of December. And although Christmas is my most favorite holiday and I am so happy to celebrate Elem's first, I am so glad the holidays are over.

I am going to skip through the part where I had to find a family to adopt every single one of the 4o something children at the shelter I am responsible for, as well as several kids coming in and out of the shelter for a day or so, or dealing with the parents of those kids who it appears have forgotten the meaning of Christmas altogether and just want to make sure their kids get tons of stuff. Because I could go on and on about that and I would rather focus on the great times we had this holiday season! On a good note, I was able to locate families to adopt every kid at the shelter and even got the hook up from some friends who did stockings for the kids, and then along with a lot of random donations, I also got in touch with someone from toys for tots who totally saved the day by friday afternoon to make sure every kiddo got more than the average kid at christmas! Lots of happy faces I am sure.

Now onto my family this Christmas-It all started out about 3 weeks before Christmas-I think that is where I left off in regards to blogging. I really wanted to make some great traditions for our family and ones that we will keep, so we started off the season, with daddy hanging some lights for us all to see. Since Seth is in the production business he was particular about the kind of lights we got and everything. So we had to go with the LED lights, because those are the new wave of the future in regards to lights. Old lights out-LEDs in. :)



Ill have to show a pic when I think about it. I havent taken one yet of the finished product, but I will. Then we moved on to the next phase of our Christmas season, the picking out of the perfect tree. We packed up Elem and Sage, and mommy and daddy and headed out to Bradbury Christmas Tree Farm, which is about 20 minutes away. It was a super cold day and was actually misting and sleeting just a tid but, so we had to try and stay as warm as we could!



But as you can see, we couldnt keep from getting cold noses!




We looked and looked to find the perfect tree! Which of course turned into like an hour later still looking, like..hmm, they all are running together and big ones look little and little ones look big, and this one is fatter than that one, blah blah blah. SO after much much thought, we decided on the most perfect little tree ever. :) If I do say so myself. So seth started in on cutting it down! And sage ran like a free doggy all around the entire tree farm! She LOVED it!





With doggees running and daddys cutting down trees Elem and I chilled and took photos while freezing our little booties off!


FInally-the tree was down! It was ours for the taking!! Seth said he didnt remember cutting down the tree to be so hard! Ha!


Sage woudnt break for a moment to pose for a pic with me. She was way to into it. And plus she was disgusting! Soaking wet. But thats okay she had so much fun! And Elem loved watching her run as fast as she could and then come and find us. This is about as good as the pics got for sagers!



After the tree was down, we loaded it up and headed out to get the thing shaken and paid for. Here is Elem waitin in the car for Daddy to get that tree ready to go!


We had sooo much fun despite the cold and slightly rainy weather! I am super excited about our family tradition and hope that this is one we can do every year! I really want to make sure that Elem has lots of great holiday memories growing up, and doesnt just remember the presents you know?I think this was a great start!

Ill be trying posting more on Christmas as I have time over the next day or so! So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Scott said...

hahaha! That last pic of Elem with his tongue stuck out is the cutest EVER! You and Seth are looking pretty good too! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers