Friday, January 18, 2008

8 months old already!


I can not believe how fast Elem is growing up and how fast every single day seems to fly by. It feels like Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye and now Elem is only a few months away from being a year old!

soo many things have happened this month and I just havent had the time I would like to blog about our life, but I am going to try way harder because before you know it another month will be here and I wont know where to begin! So for starters I wanted to share Elem's 8 month milestones!

First and foremost, he no longer has 2 bottom teeth, but 5 teeth total. The week after christmas he cut the upper left one, and then not a few days later he cut the upper one right next to it. So for about 2 weeks he has had 2 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth. But before we got used to looking at those, yesterday he cut another one! the upper one to the right of his front teeth. His right that is! So he is cuttin teeth like crazy round here!

Other than cuttin teeth, these days Elem is:

-still running like crazy in the walker-anywhere and everywhere he can get to

-feeding himself small finger foods like green beans and corn etc.

-rolling over front to back and back to front with ease! finally! lazy boy!

-standing up fabulously and walking from stools to couches to toys-as far as he can get! I think he might be skipping the crawling and moving straight to walking

-his first attempt at crawling pretty much occurred this week, he can scoot when he wants-but it is a little difficult getting his 22 lbs 10 oz around.

-weighed in at 22lbs and 10 oz at last doc checkup. :)

-will hold all toys out for sage to come and grab from him and loves it when she does! He likey sage.

-wants to be with mommy at all times, its some stage he is going through I guess, but if I am anywhere in sight he NEEDS me

-loves taking baths, especially a big boy bath with mommy in the jacuzzi-he lays on my chest and just lets the jets hit him, so so sweet-one of my favorite times

-likes to play role the ball-big balls like basketballs are his favorite-he pats it when you role it to him and then he pushes it away! he is so smart

-babbles all day long-sticking too mumumumum, dadadada, do do do do, hhmmm, yeah yeah yeah, hi hi hi, heeeee, he also shreaks and screams at random times a lot-aparently I was a loud child so I guess it runs in the family

-sleeps with mommy and is still breast fed-go me go me! wahoo

-plays well alone with his toys

-likes to roll things with his hands, like spinning-he will spin something forever if you will let him

-can go from sitting to laying down with ease

-can pull up from laying down if he has something to pull up on, and can pull up from sitting

-loves loves loves peek a boo

-likes to peer around and over to try and see something he is looking at

-is obsessed and amazed with the mirror and looking at you in the mirror

-likes to bang toys to hear the noise he is making

okay now I know that might sound like a lot of random things but they are all so special! Each and every one of those makes up little Elem's personality. Now if you throw in, an insanely happy baby that smiles all the time, and loves to cuddle, you pretty much have Elem! He is uch a blessing and we are so thankful to have such a sweet and great mannered little dude. I dont know how we got so lucky!

Here are a few pics of the last month!

Feeding himself on the way back from my parents


Playing with mommy in the car-well at least playing with my face!


Soaking up all the attention at my parents and playing with daddy


Dressed up with daddy for the razorback cotton bowl game-not a great day for the hogs, but he sure looked cute in his outfit


"did I get all dressed up for nothing?"


sweet hugs from daddy


watching those hogs....hedoes enjoy looking at the tv when sports are on....I can already see my nights of greys anatomy and real housewives of o.c. going out the door in only a few short years! ha!


so that at least gets me up to speed on the milestones with Elem. Now a ton more has happened so Ill post that in a minute. But I need to feed him and get him in the bath

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Ok, I just watched the real housewives of the OC...and it is so fun! I wish we could watch it together...we would have a blast! Finally some new pics...I have been checking 50 times a day every day!!!! :) LOVE THEM!!!

Mittig family said...

I'm with Brittney-I've been waiting for more pics! Elem is such a cutie but I can't believe he weighs 22 pounds! Maggie is barely breaking 17 and she's over ten months old! I'm so sad because you can't flip the car seat around until they're 20 pounds so she'll be backwards for awhile :( I love reading about Elem's milestones and you're right that they ARE so special! And yea for you on breastfeeding and sticking through the biting stage!

Mindy said...

yes I have been a slacker, but its like every time I sit down to type away, Elem does something I think might be the only time he does it so I have to get up and watch! haha!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers