Saturday, January 5, 2008

Merry Merry Christmas Part II

Needless to say Elem ended up getting wayyyyyyyy more presents from Santa than I ever had anticipated for his very first Christmas! I swore up and down that we would not get him very much because he would never know the difference. But as Christmas approached, he had presents under the tree like crazy! Let me give you the run down of what all he opened up here .....so of course he got the singing stage which he loved, and a couple of telephones, a rocking horse-which we have since name Lawyer Ron-after a horse from Oaklawn!! Uhm, lots and lots and lots of clothes, a little basketball goal that he sits at and plays and then a big basketball goal he can play on when he starts walking, a caterpillar that says sounds, several keys, some shoes-you will see the pics later, and just tons more, oh and a little tonka truck ride and sit toy. I dont even want to list any more because it is somewhat ridiculous! After opening up a few gifts my parents finally got here nice and early and we opened up their gifts and then headed over to Seths parents for Christmas with them. Tons of pics below.

Elem meeting Lawyer Ron for the first time.


Opening up the tonka truck from memaw and grandaddy


Enjoying the wrapping paper with memaw more than the presents that we wrapped with it.



Good morning Cecilia! Time to open more presents!


Play time with Poppa and Cecilia on Christmas morn-


It is all just too much, I must prepare for a nap


And this is how I spent the rest of Christmas morning-sleeping-Elem didnt last too long throughout all the excitement!


After opening way too many presents over there, we headed back home to get Elem down to finish his nap, tidy up just a little bit and head out to NLR to visit with some of Poppa's side of the family! My parents headed back to Memphis but we had just enough time to snap a family pic. Please note ow aweful my hair looks. Man whatever, it is soo freaking hard for me to get a haircut these days!!! I am going to HAVE to squeeze one in before the next big picture taking event. It is a must. Please forgive the nastyness of my bangs here. haha


Everyone on Seth's dad's side of the family had not met Elem yet, so it was a treat for them to see him for the gfirst time. We chilled there for a few, ate some more food and then headed home to enjoy the rest of our first christmas as a family!

I love mommy. This is Elem's current favorite and permanent pose these days. He just likes me to hold him like this all the time every day all day long.


I love daddy. They look nothing alike do they? I didnt think so.


Grammy and Poppa and the grandkids


The whole fam-actually first pic we have all taken together!


Are you seriously still taking pictures mommy??


This pretty much sums up the entire feeling of Christmas day!



Wow enough pics for ya? Well I have good news...my mom hooked Seth and I up with a super sweet new Nikon camera for Christmas, which means-----I will most likely be taking more pictures than ever!!! haha! I cant help myself. I just love taking pictures and I feel like every occasion is a good occasion for pics!

So to end our Christmas day, it was great to spend time with both sides of the family on the actual day, that doesnt happen very often, and Christmas is sooo much more fun with kids! It totally brings the true meaning of Christmas out!Makes you think not about yourself and what all you can give to your friends, but more so how thankful you are for your family and how Jesus made it all possible for us to be here enjoying this thing we call life, each and every day. I love my family, friends, and cant imagine a better christmas.

3 comments:

maaydaay said...

Elem is so adorable, I love the picture with his Poppa holding him :)

Kylie Williams said...

I like yawning elem. there's something very sweet about a sleepy baby.

Katie Land said...

Hey Mindy! Yes I remember you. Looks like things are going great for you. Elm is so cute..those fat cheeks are my favorite. Glad you stumbled upon my blog. I am not great at updating, but oh well. What are you up to these days? Let's keep in touch!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers