Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fun with dog bowls

Needless to say, every morning at our house has the possibility to be a crazy one! Elem and I usually get up around 7:30 or so and head on into the living room for some good ole play time. Next comes a diaper change, breakfast, playtime with Sage, getting dressed, and squeezing in a morning nap. ALl this PLUS myself getting ready-taking a shower, getting dressed, seth getting ready, us eating breakfast, blah blah, all before we head off to work! Even though we are always in a hurry and have plenty to do every second before we head out the door, we always tend to have a pretty smooth morning.

But then there are those days that are filled with the innocent trials of our 9 1/2 month old. Simple unknowing messes if you will, all because he is just trying to figure out what each and everything in the house is and its purpose in his little world.

Friday was one of those days. We were already running late, and I hadnt even gotten Elem dressed yet for school, when Seth and I were in the bathroom brushing our teeth. I of course do everything in this crazy super fast mode, because I KNOW the trouble Elem can get into in just a few unwatched seconds! SO we left him in the middle of the living room, playing by the stool with some toys and sage. Then before I could hardly get the toothpaste on my toothbrush, we heard banging!! I was like, no way he got all the way into the kitchen that fast.

Oh yes he did my friends! He may be small but he is quick. We ran into the kitchen and this is what we found! (Please take into consideration that there was water all over the floor and he was sitting in it)



Now I could have been upset and frustrated that we had to leave in about 10 minutes. But no-what kind of mom would I be if I did not allow time to explore with the natural wonders of the house. Messes will be made and in comparison, this one was very very small. He dumped and then he banged.



He wanted to eat, of course. And I am pretty sure he tried a piece.



Messes will be messes and little boys will be messy. I can only imagine the future messes to come. This one was quite humorous to me, only because I knew it was coming one day soon. Elem has ben obsessed with the dog bowl since he stared walking in his walker. But look at that face-why would anyone want to stop this baby from his exploring?

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Jillian used to go directly to the dog bowls in the laundry room every time! We had to keep the door shut...which did NOT make Tyson happy. But, she grew out of that stage finally. I did once catch her in there sticking her fingers in the water and licking them. She has also dumped my cell phone...so watch out!

Scott said...

haha! How cute!

Kylie Williams said...

i think i was three when I went for the kitty food. they shouldnt have made it look like cheerios!

Kimberly said...

Oh I just love that sweet innocent look of his!
I still have trouble keeping Adalie out of our dogs' bowls. Why is it that their food is much more tempting than real food?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers