Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturdays at the park



Actually today was our first trip to the park ever! Last fall Elem was really to small to be getting outside, and when he was finally old enough to go out, it was just too dang cold! So now, finally, warmer days they are a comin! As always, the temp here in good ole Arkansas fluctuates from nice, to cold within minutes. But luckily Elem and I headed to Mills Park around 3:30 just in time for 30 minutes of nice weather. I figured he would do well and enjoy all that the park had to offer, and he did! Elem LOVES outside, and even though we only ventured to the itty bitty kiddy side-we didnt even set foot into the big kids side-he loved it! Well most of it that is!

It was a little chilly, so I think his nose is probably red in some of the pics and I knows it running in a few. But its so hard for me to take him anywhere and pass up a good photo op'. I love taking outside pictures too! They always turn out so much better than indoor ones. Anyways, Seth and Spoon were at another park playing basketball and we were actually heading to meet up with them and have a nice afternoon play date, but we went to the wrong one. It all turned out for the best and Elem and I had a great afternoon at the park with some great pics to show for it! Not just some but a TON of pics to show for it. I must warn you, I got so excited and took so many pics so if you dont want to look at them all please just scroll on down! I just want to make sure when I look back on his first ever trip to the park I know exactly what he looked like for every station and moment of it!

First stop the bouncy little fire truck! Not too sure about it at first...


still thinking still thinking


wait a minute, it rocks and bounces and I can do it all by myself. I DO like this


then to the blue police car-exactly like the other one. I love these things.


And then we ventured to the swings. Elem was a little cautious at first but he was thinking about it. I could tell. (And Kylie-do you see his shoes? Those are the vans you got him before he was even here! It seems like it took him forever to grow into them, but seriously they are size 4 and 1/2 which usually like a 15 month old or so can wear those! Him has big feet. But they are so cute! Way to go Aunt Kylie! )


After just one little push he liked it. Yay!


I love this one. He just swang and swang and people watched. There wasnt even that much going on, but he sure was interested in all the trees blowing, cars pulling up, kids running around. Just like me, likes to soak it all in.



So far a success I would say. Next stop, the climbing stationary object with with slide. He was sooo mad when I got him out of the swing that I didnt know if he would even play at all. But after a second of checking it out, he warmed up rather quickly. At first he just kinda stood there, like what fun is this? You know? But then he started to feel it and hit it and just look around to see what the deal was.


Peepin through the tunnel


Wow mommy this is so much fun! I love the park, I love the park. ( this picture is my favorite. It totally captures how he looks all the time. Just carefree and all smiles!)


Tell me you love the botty, eh? Baby booties in baby jeans could be one of my favorite things in this world. He just looks like such a big boy. Had to get one from behind.


Checking out his first stick. Good job Elem.


Of course the day wouldnt have been complete without sitting down and just playing in the mulch and dirt. And then of course eating it.


hahaha! I know that was a freakishly lot of pictures but man it was such a fun day. I have so so many more too, that I wish I could just post them all. I am really proud of Elem for always branching out and trying new things, He is pretty much never afraid to do anything or go anywhere-as long as mommy is insight! He is such a good calm baby, and his personality is still getting sweeter and sweeter every day.

These days he is talking like crazy! And loudly! From what my mom tells me sounds like he must get that from me-it appears I was a rather loud child! But yeah he just rambles and rambles and screams and talks. Not sure what he is talking about but he sure is saying it! He is also crawling anywhere and everywhere on all fours. Took long enough I tell you! And he is taking more and more steps everyday! He can get from one place to another by walking, but after 5 or 6 steps he gets going a little too fast! Its soo funny! Well its about 6:20am and I am going to see if Elem would like to go back to bed now! Hopefully we can get a little nap before I have to go to work!

5 comments:

Scott said...

Awww...looks like ya'll had a blast. I know you NEVER hear this, but he SO looks like sethy poo! :-) Love it!

Kylie Williams said...

yea!!! i think baby vans are the cutest! I hope he likes them! i must say - the boombox hoodie is super cute too!

Mindy said...

yes i did good on the boom box hoody. If you have a boy -baby williams has first dibs. I seriously put an effort in trying to make sure he is the best dressed little 9 month old out there. hahaha!

Unknown said...

Mindy...Elem is sooooooo adorable! I love being able to check your blog and see the pictures of him. Hope all is well!
xoxo

Mindy said...

oh Carolyn thanks! I just checked yours the other day! haha. Take good care of my girl B!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers