Friday, March 7, 2008

It IS a snow day



I woke up around 5am this morning to begin planning for the winter blizzard! Unfortunately it was lacking. Therefore, I watched the news for oh an hour or so until I heard those famous words-LITTLE ROCK SCHOOL DISTRICT WILL BE CLOSED! Wahoo, that was my signal to close down the center as well. Dont be fooled, there was no winter blizzard outside, only frightened peeps closing every school in Arkansas almost afraid of a few snow flakes. But I happily will tae what I can get. All it meant for me, was one snow day for our family!

SO I called my staff, closed her for the day, and lay on the couch wondering when Elem would be up. My luck, the little guy slept all the way till 8am. He is doing sooo fabulous in the crib, I just cant put into words how much this is going to help my sleeping through the nights myself and how much better I feel when I get up. This morning, although I got up at 5-I still slept all the way from 10pm straight till 5. Which is awesome!!! Around 8 it finally started to snow. Slowly but surely the ground began to turn a slight white. I couldnt wait for Elem to get up.

I heard him wake up, but he was quiet, and I went into his room and there he was-in the dark, just sitting up, playing so quietly in his bed. Like a little angel. Such a good boy. I watched him for a few minutes and then slowly walked in, and he turned around and just had this huge grin on his face, like "hey mommy!" "I missed you too!". Then I picked him up and we went straight to open the window, to check out the flurries. As soon as we opened the blinds, he started whispering, and just looking at it, whispering more. He had something to say, but I am not sure what it was. He liked it though I could tell!

So we went to the big windows:


He was a little confused I think. He knew there was something out there that was different, but was probably annoyed, I just kept putting him back up to the window. But I really wanted him to see it. haha.


He quickly got down and moved on to the basketball. Hard to keep him from playing with those dang balls all the time. But he still was being so sweet!


Since Seth had to go on into work, we just chilled for a while and played around the house, ate some breakfast, and did some laundry and what not. Seth called around noon to say he was heading home, just as the snow really started to come down! I was so excited and couldnt wait to get Elem out to see what he would do. But we waited till Seth got there. I wanted daddy to get to enjoy it too! So we got dressed and continued with some window watching.


Of course, we had to play some more with the blue ball!


Look how he walks around the whole house carrying it.


Waiting on daddy and looking exactly like his daddy here. One of these days he will be my little mini me.


Yay! daddys home! Its time to get outside. Here is Elem trying to bolt his way out the door to get to that snow!


And FINALLY we headed out to the snow. It was sooo cold outside, and the wind was blowing so hard, that we didnt really stay out too long at all.



It was almost so cold that I couldnt enjoy it the way I wanted to and there was so much snow falling that I couldnt see my camera very well. haha. So I guess you get what you ask for right? Here are a few cute pics of Elem and daddy in the snow. I love the one where they are looking at each other. SO precious. And it just reminds me of how they look at each other all the time. Just like- hey there.





He was looking at sage down the road, and trying to get her. He kept saying -dot. dot. dot. He is totally trying to say dog! such a smart little guy!


After playing for a minute, touching and tasting the snow, we headed back in the house! The pic at the top of the page, of course is my favorite! Seth was running after sage and chasing her trying to get her to come in the house, and Elem was giggling like crazy! He loves it when we run for some reason. So he got a good one of him laughing!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Awww...I can't wait to have the little one. It is so awesome seeing how you see life differently through Elem's eyes...so special. :-) You are the best momma miss mindy lou! And Seth, Sage & Elem are lucky to have you! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers