Thursday, March 6, 2008

Trip to the Rivermarket

As I write this blog, I am also currently checking the weather to see if there is going to be a blizzard of some sorts outside! In hopes that schools will be out tomorrow, so I can close my center too! And spend a snow day with Elem. Its looking good, and like we might see some snow here in about an hour or so, so lets keep our fingers crossed! Now On a totally different route-last weekend was the most beautiful of the year yet! It was sunny, without a cloud in the sky and upper 60s I believe. So so nice and the perfect day to spend outside. We jumped on the chance to take Elem downtown to the Rivermarket , to spend some good time site seeing/people watching, and simply enjoying the outside air.

First stop was Shaka's, Its a BBQ place where Seth worked from high school ad through college till he got him a real job in the production biz! Needless to say, the folks there are like family and they have been dying to see Elem. About a year ago, a few days before Elem's birth, Mike, the owner of the joint passed away. So it is a little sad to see the place without him there smiling away and trying to get you to try something he cooked up, but it was still good to see the rest of his family. We miss Mike but know he is in a great place looking down on us, and I know he must have been sooo happy to see Elem standing outside of his biz! We caught up with all, and showed off Elem and his walking skillz and just over all good looks as much as possible!

After the trip to Shaka's, we ate some BBQ, and then headed outside to get some air, and play a little ball with Elem.



This ball is his super most favorite toy right now! Every time he walks into the living room, he goes straight for it, and walks around carrying it! Whatever floats his boat I guess, right?


Then we just played around in the grass for a bit, and tried to get a family pic-first attempt by Seth...nice I am glad he at least got my cheek. Guess we know who he enjoys looking at! haha!


Second attempt by Seth-much better-


Mommy and Elem-it was super sunny, so I am squinting like crazy! But Elem looks so sweet here I think. He was pretty much done getting his picture taken! You'de think he would be used to it by now, I mean I follow the child around with a camera 24/7.


After playing in the grass for a little while and walking around, we headed back towards the Clinton Library, to look around for a while. On the way, we noticed that they were setting up for the Little Rock MArathon that was being held the next day. Seth couldnt pass up an opportunity to "finish" the race and catch it on film! Karla-this one's for you! Seth officially beat you through the race. ANd he even had the people sitting on the Rhumba balcony cheering him on. He is too silly.


Elem was sooo tired and only lasted about half way to the Library. We walked and walked and walked and just let him sleep, and enjoyed the peaceful time together!


It was such a great great weekend. I love being outdoors and it has been so cold that I feel like I have been couped up for so long. And I am just so ready for spring so I can get Elem outdoors and in some fresh air. I know he needs it and it makes for way better pics too! haha!

Other than that, we have had a hectic but great week. It flew by and I am ready for the weekend already! Elem has been sleeping in his crib every night and not even getting up once! He is doing sooo good, and has not nursed all week as well. I am amazed at the ease of this transition and I hope it continues to go so smooth until he is in a good routine. He is still walking around the house like a mad man, and his crawling days are over! Now for all you people who think, oh you know what that means-he is moving out of the way for the next one to come along- well you are wrong!!!!!! haha, no more babies any time soon. We would like to enjoy this one for as long as we can, and then we will see.

2 comments:

Scott said...

As I sit here on this cold, rainy, and slightly snowy day, I am living vicarously through your beautiful weekend pics! You guys look like you had a blast, and your fam is so sweet Lou-Lou! Take care of each other! Love ya!

Karla said...

Congrats on your engagement! FINALLY! I am really happy for the Shelby family! Ok, I couldn't help, but laugh at Seth's picture and your comments about people cheering him on....he's so funny. Elem is getting sooo big and too cute. When will I get to see you guys? Love ya!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers