Sunday, March 2, 2008

We're Engaged!!!

Here is the happy couple!



Sorry for the delay in posting this, because as some of you already know, Seth and I finally got engaged! Yep, we are tying the knot...getting hitched.....getting married. And we are soo excited. We have been planning on getting married for quite a while now, but we both wanted to wait until the right time. If you know me at all, you know that I do not and never have wanted to have a big wedding. I have always wanted to get married on the beach, or at least by some body of water-in nature, with the wind blowing, sun shining, and the sounds of nature surrounding us! With only a few people around, to share in what I consider a very intimate moment. I feel like getting married is very personal and shouldnt be a production. Not to say that I havent been to some fabulous huge weddings!!! Thats just me though, you know!?

We will be getting married at Panama City Beach on May 30, 2008. We have a beach house rented for a family vacation, so it should be beautiful and relaxing and just perfect for the 2 of us! There wont be much to it, but maybe a couple of flowers -me, seth, and elem-chillin in the sun with our feet in the water-with a few family members there to watch!

Now in true fashion, we didnt get engaged just like regular folks. haha -we wanted to get tatoo wedding rings, but after thinking about both our lines of work, and how much we wash our hands, we decided to go a different route. I think we still might get those, but for now, these are our engagement tatoos:



We got the waves to represent nature, peacefullness, and of course to signify the beauty of where we are getting married. Anyways it makes sense to us and we love love love them! So basically the waves are for the two of us, and then the empty is box is for Elem and we will be filling that one very soon. With what?? We are not exactly sure, which is why we are waiting. So all in all, our little family is just so happy and soon I will be Miss Mindy Shelby. Haha. Sounds a little weird. Oh well!

And this is mine all alone. It is soo pretty-I love it!


I was trying to get a cute pic of us to show our excitement and this is what I got from Seth....


and again...

5 comments:

Kylie Williams said...

OH YEA!!!!!!!!
Congratulations you guys!!!!!!
I think the wedding plans sound PERFECT and the tats are great! I'm so happy for you guys- marriage really is so much fun. What's the date? oh how exciting. is sage going to be in the wedding too?

Kylie Williams said...

duh. may 30. Having a slow day here.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!! Seth Sounds like he makes you so happy and for that I am so happy for you guys!

Scott said...

Congratulations Lou-Lou and Poo-Poo!!! haha. Seriously, Aaron & I are sooo happy for you guys! How sweet? A wedding with both you guys on the beach...I wouldn't have pictured it any other way! You better take lots o pictures! Speaking of, I got some really cute pics of you and Elem on Sunday. I will send them to you! Love you!

Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for the three of you! And your tats are the best :) I want to see Elem again soon- i CANNOT believe he's walking!!!! Soooooooo adorable!
love yall.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers