Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A good nights sleep

Currenty it is 5am, which I normally would scowl and say why oh why do we have to get up this early, play, Elem drift off to sleep again and just in time for mommy to supposed to be getting up for real, to get ready and go to work! But not today! Today I am soo happy and full of joy I can not contain myself! Last night Elem went down at 9pm after an 8oz cereal bottle, IN HIS VERY OWN CRIB, and only woke once and cried about 30min. until 5am. SO I would say for starters that is great! I know he is 10 months old and should be sleeping all night, but with the breastfeeding and al, it was so difficult to do it and to get up for work the next day without him just laying there beside me. BUt I have turned over a new leaf and we are trying him all by his lonesome. I knew he could do it and just wanted to brag on the little guy for a moment! He also has officially gone a whole day and night with no nursing! which is insanely huge for us. We are officially stopping the breastfeeding as of now. Since Elem is walking, I feel like the time is right. He is so healthy and so smart, and I really feel like the breastfeeding played a huge role in that. I am so thankful that I have been able to nurse this long and would have done it exactly the same if I had to do all over again. Although I might have changed up my technique a little here and there, overall I would have still chose to nurse as long as possible. It was the best bonding time I could have ever asked for and my kid is about as healthy and advanced as they come-at least to mommy and daddy he is! SO after a good nights rest, we are up and ready for the day right and early this morning. Maybe we can catch a short nap here in a little while, and if not, just a little extra time for mommy to relax. Lets hope he goes down in the crib again! Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful relationship...Elem and his Crib! It has been long over due.

3 comments:

Scott said...

So proud of big boy Elem! And so happy for mommy and daddy! I am sure the whole fam will be getting better sleep with this new arrangement. You rock girl for breast feeding for 10 months. You are my inspiration!! Thanks again for the bassinet! I can't wait to set it up! Oh, I think I fogot the mobile though. Anyhoo, I will stop by one day next week to snatch it up! :-)

Mittig family said...

Wow Mindy, this has been a big month for y'all! Elem's walking, sleeping in his crib all night, and y'all got engaged! Congrats on everything!

Megan said...

I love your Blogs!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers