Tuesday, April 15, 2008

11 month milestones



April 8th marks Elem Zane's 11th month of life! I cant believe how fast time goes by and how quick my little baby is growing into a toddler. As I write this blog I am amazed at the changes he has made and all the things he has learned up to know and most of all in this last month. Just for starters, I simply laid him in bed with his bottle and he is out. No crying, no whining, no playing, just silence. He loves his bed and his space now and it is soo cool to see him go down without a fight and without me. haha. Although I do miss him throughout the night, I know it is better for all of us if he stays in his big bog bed-as we like to call it. :)

Things about Elem in this 11th month-

-Elem is walking-practically running everywhere and anywhere he wants to go

-walks backwards and is proud of it!

-can climb onto benches, little tables, pillows etc. Getting better and better at it as the days go by.

-says: momma, minnie, dada, dog, ball, baba (for bottle), go, bye (sometimes) and hi (sometimes), and just learned sage

-weighing in at 25 pounds!wahoo!

-loves to play peek a boo and pat a cake

-plays tug of war with sage and loves every second of it

-loves the water , and splashing in the bath

-drinks from a cup

-still has 6 teeth-4 on top and 2 on bottom

-enjoys being outside and loves to swing

-such a good mannered baby and always is smiling-except right when he wakes up!

-is a people watcher and loves to watch what people and children are doing, likes to be nosy

-plays at length by himself-will play with toys etc for about 30 minutes or more if interested

-balls are still his most favorite toys and he clings to them anywhere he goes

-is obsessed with cleaning objects, loves to sweep with a big person broom, and play with the toilet brush- nice I know! I have to keep a clean one for him haha. , and play with the dust buster.

-loves loves loves music and claps and dance when he hears it

-smiles and flirts with all women and girls, but will not let any one hold him but a few people

-starting to hit things when he gets frustrated or mad

-gives lots of open mouth kisses



Those are the major things I can think of for now! Such a sweet baby overall and still just as calm as can be. Although I am seeing some signs of frustration when he cant do things he wants to do which leads to anger. He does know how to throw a fit, dont get me wrong, but he also loves on you like crazy! He gives so many kisses and does it so sweetly, I can not even explain it. We are so lucky to have such a great and smart little boy who I know is growing into, well will grow into a smart man. He is definitily the joy of my life and I am so thankful for every day with him!

6 comments:

Courtney Rogers said...

Hey you! I have to admit, I've been stalking your blog for quite some time. I just started mine. How do I link ours?

Scott said...

Go Elem! And Mindy, that last picture just my be my favorite of all time! How precious! :-)

Mittig family said...

That really is the most adorable picture of Elem! Are y'all getting all geared up for his first birthday? When is the wedding again?

Brittney said...

Love the kissing picture of Elem! So cute...he is getting to be such a big boy. What are you doing for his first birthday?

Mindy said...

well his birthday party is going to be may 10th, so save the date, and I think I am going to do the prince theme. It was the coolest one I could find. I wanted a luau but dont have the space for it. So I am going to try and get invitations done this week, I just havent found the perfect pic! And then the wedding is may 30th. Big month for us! Not to mention my birthday and mothers day! SHould be a crazy one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers