Saturday, April 19, 2008

"The Perfect Invitation" photo shoot



I have been frantically trying to spend the 10 free minutes I have to myself at night to work on getting the perfect 1st birthday invitation together for Elem. haha. Now I know it is silly to some, but I mean I really want it to be special. Why not? He only turns ONE once! SO after looking and looking and trying to find a photo card template that didnt cost $2 a card, I finally decided to go with www.photocardcafe.com. Ali told me about them and she had used them for Cecilia's birthday invitation so I checked them out. Amazingly enough they were pretty cheap. SO after looking and looking and looking trying to get one of the super cool templates to work, I ended up having to use one that wasnt my favorite but that was still cute.

The I started uploading pics and realized that I didnt have any recent pics of Elem( whatever you might say, I take pics every day I know!) But I mean like any recent ones that really looked like him and really looked good for the birthday card. So I waited one more day and on Thursday I took him to McAurther Park on Thursday morning before work. It is such a great park and there were hardly any people around, so I was able to get some good shots. They have a playground, ducks to feed, water, etc! SO here are a few from the photo shoot-but you will have to wait and see which ones will be on the invitation till they go out. ANd for those of you who dont get an invitation (not because we dont love you, but because we cant have like 100 people in our house for our 1 year olds birthday) I will be posting a picture of the invitation on here for all to see! haha! Enjoy:

He has spotted the ducks! He is smiling...but he is slightly concerned of their size. Well at least I was.They were huge!


...but he is slightly concerned of their size. Or maybe just I was concerned. Either way, they were huge!


Now the one in the middle, was barking at us, and despite the fact that Elem really wanted to pet the "dog" as he liked to call it-mommy made him stay back. I started tossing the bread for them, and then I just ended up chunking it as far as I could throw so they would try and eat my little baby who was the same size they were! ha!


Reading up on the Korean War. Poor baby needs all the exposure he can get to history, since his mommy is sooo awful at it! Bless him. Lets hope he gets his daddy's smarts in that category.


Off to the playground, where he can officially climb up the steps. What a big boy!


Elem!!! Wait for mommy. And it was at this point I realized that it was time to go. As Elem headed for the car. :)


There are tons more, but I wont bore you all! It was so much fun and I got a few really good pics. And I finally got the invitations done and ordered! Yay one huge thing done off my list, now just about a million more before the big birthday and the wedding. Hmmm, I actually havent done one thing for the wedding yet...guess I should get on that. Anyways, another day well spent admiring the simple things with baby Elem.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Your comments about the ducks are so funny! I love that Elem called them dogs...kids are so funny. I can't wait to see the invites...I am sure they will be so cute! I also was laughing out loud about the history comment...I remember laughing at you MANY times for your lack of knowledge in that area!!! So funny...

aWare said...

He is so precious...those cheeks!! I am not a big fan of the ducks getting close to Harry either!

Mindy said...

yeah I thought they were totally going to eat him! Amanda you have to send me an invitation to view your blog! I cant read up on you and Harry! :( And B, thank you-thank you for remembering my lack of knowledge. I appreciate your honesty. Ha! Love you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers