Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thats MOMMY to you MR.


Ever wonder what your 11 month old might call you given that he is constantly surrounded by like 30 children and tons of staff constantly calling you Mindy-or Minnie as my little kids like to say-all day long every day! Well "Minnie" is right! This week I sadly realized that the oh so sweet murmurs of mommy coming from my little boys mouth, have quickly changed to mumbles of
min-ne. And rather-screams of min-ne from time to time. At first I was not so sure, but after the weekend it came obvious-my kid is calling me by my first name-what the h*$#! You have got to be kidding me I thought. But then I heard my self answering to minnie all day long every day-so why would he NOT call me by my first name? Every one else does...:(. So sad. I have been looking forward to my kid calling me mommy since before he was even born and due to my job, the poor guy is confused and will now be calling me Mindy for who knows how long. In light of this recent situation, I have obsessed over saying-"mommy is here. He bubba, its mommy, come to mommy" probably to the point of annoyance. But I have got to try right! Needless to say, I am saddened, and although, mommy is still coming out of his mouth along with minnie-I am hoping to hear it more and instead of minnie going forward

2 comments:

Scott said...

Oh Minnie - that sucks! What a smart little feller though to call his mommy what he hears everyone else call her!!!! He will sort it out. But, I can totally appreciate the way you feel about the situation! Mommy, Mindy, Minnie, lou-lou, you are the still the cutest momma EVER! :-) Can't wait to hang out with you and little man on Sunday!

Brittney said...

This post REALLY makes me laugh because it happened to me too...and I was not pleased! Jillian started calling me B. She would say Dada and B!!! I was thinking, um...I earned the title of Mommy!!! ANyway, she grew out of it and only does it every once in a while, and used Mama most of the time! How funny...these kids keep us on our toes!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers