Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Elem meets Wyatt



Last weekend Elem and I went to Rossville, Georgia to meet Mr. Wyatt Allen Beasley and hang out with Aunt Becky and Uncle Vincent! So first things first-the plane ride! Not sure what exactly I expected, but it went soo well. I havent even flown all that much, but taking a 10 month old along with you is quite a task. I checked his car seat and stroller when we got there, and then I pushed the stroller, with Elem in it, and had his enormous bag of goodies for the plane ride and had my purse too! So imagine all that stuff AND all squished into one plane seat with an infant in your lap! It could have been crazy, but by the grace of Gd and the good people at US Airways, I just kept getting hooked up with no one sitting in the seat next to me for every flight and every change over I had. Elem had so much fun on the plane, and no he did not sleep but for about 15 minutes here and there-he wanted to play play play and flirt -in the airport, on the plane, everywhere! Besides his throwing up on the way to the airport-messing up outfit number one, and then throwing up on the plane ride haha and messing up outfit number 2, Elem did just fabulous!!! Here is Elem on the plane.



I am not too fond of the picture below, but whatever. haha. And actually these pics are from the ride back, but I didnt get any good ones on the way there cause I was sooo busy keeping up with and playing with Elem! I was like sweating the whole way. So this is the best I could get.


Arriving at the airport and seeing Aunt Becky and Memaw, and then of course the newest addition cousin Wyatt!


After getting back to Becky and Vincent's house, it was kinda crazy. I first got a good look at this little guy:


Got to feed him a bottle and hold him for like .4 seconds!

And from then on, it was all about Elem!!! Guess I underestimated how little my sis knew about how loud Elem was, and how much energy he had-all day every day!. My sis and VIncent were sooo tired-and they should be right??!! But Elem just didnt understand and he was going 90 miles and hour from 8am till 9pm-with no understanding of the baby even being around and that if he was just a little more quiet it could have helped all of us! haha. The only thing he DID understand about Wyatt-was that he DID NOT want his mommy holding him! Every time I tried to pick him up and hold him or feed him, Elem was right there, wallering around on my legs ready for me to pick him up and put that baby down! So I snuck in some good lovin' when I could, but it was also a great time for me and Elem to bond and spend time with the fam. I miss my sis so much and love getting to see her-especially as a new mommy. We got to see Memaw too, so that was a bonus!

While we were there, we did so much stuff! Here is the run down: We:

......Took Wyatt out on his first outing! To a Pizza joint downtown Chattanooga and then to Coolidge Park for a quick walk!



Elem helped Becky get Wyatt strapped in while listening to the screaming of a newborn baby!


Played at Chick-Fil-A on the playground with Aunt Becky.


Swept the yard for everybody


Helped Wyatt with his first bath....


Got into the bad cabinet-with all the cleaning supplies...


And took a trip to Racoon mountain!


Wow I have posted soo many pics, I am going to have to stop! Overall, kit was such a great trip, and although, Elem was a little more than I think my sis and hubby were expecting, we all had so much fun. The plane rides were fun, North Chat was fun, He house was beautiful, Shopping was fun, CHick Fil A was great, and the mountains were so amazing! I couldnt have asked for a better mini vacation, and to top it off, I got to meet my new nephew. I am so happy he is a part of our family and I know my sis and brother in law are going to make the best parents! Sorry for such a long blog, but hey, what better occasion to post a ton of pics, right?

2 comments:

Scott said...

Mindy Lou - I love your blogs! I doooo! So happy for your sis and bro-in-law and baby Wyatt is preccccious! Got to say, that picture of Elem in the yard with the broom in the CUTEST overalls EVER, it is really just too much. Too much CUTENESS lou-lou! hahah!

Brittney said...

I absolutely LOVE the picture of Elem in his overalls! He looks adorable there with those cheeks and that sweet look on his face!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers