Thursday, June 5, 2008

After the wedding and the reception

After we said our "I do's", as you might imagine we continued to take pics since the sun was still setting! In regards to the pics (since I forgot this in my other blog)-no we did not hire anyone to take pics. I honestly thought that was a waste of money, when I knew my camera took really good pics and my brother in law has a great camera and takes good pics too. So we just stuck with everybody there taking as many pics as they could the whole time. I really didnt want too many posed shots, but like more action shots. I gave my bro our camera and he took great pics during the wedding and during the reception-so major props to Andy for a job well done. And then my brother in law took some pics too and Becky says they are really good, so I cant wait to see them!

Once we were all done with the pics (basically when Elem decided he was ready to be done taking pictures) we headed up to the beach house deck, where we were having our little mini reception. Ali and Phyllis had decorated a table with champagne glasses and the cake and the food and it turned out so cute.

Elem getting ready to get this party started right!


Seth and his boys..for some reason Dustin was missing. :( Not sure where he was.


So we go to the table, and Spoon said a toast-along with a few people I think, I honestly cant remember! geez! So everyone took a drink..including Elem! he tilted that bottle right up. :)


Although I was not keen on doing the whole cake thing, Phyllis convinced me to get a pic of us cutting the cake.


Elem wanted him some cake big time!


We fed each other some cake!


After that everybody just chilled and hung out! Here is my sis and her baby boy kickin it on the deck.


Elem tryin to show Spoon how to run the ipod and how to pick out some good music for us.


Elem givin Spoon the look of, "get off my ipod, I am runnin this show"


Our moms chillin


My mom and Wyatt-can you believe he is still up???


Seth and Dustin


My bro, Tommy, and Seth


Seth and his parents


Thats about all the pics I got! And I am not in too many of the reception pics cause I was taking pics with my camera. So I am sure I can get some more soon. After chillin for a while, Elem and Cecilia went on to bed after a long night of hard work and fun. Seth and I ended the night on the porch swing just talking and looking out at how lucky we were to have had such a great wedding and special moment with all the people that we love the most (for the most part!) there with us. I would not have changed anything for the world. It was such a great time and I will remember it for the rest of my life. So beautiful and peaceful just like we had wanted.



Me and my boo.


On an end note I wanted to remember my favorite part of our vows. They were tied in beautifully with the ocean and made the moment even more special.

"Seth and Mindy as you stand beside the ocean tide, may your love always be as constant and unchanging as these never ending waves that pour beneath your feet, flowing endlessly from the depths of the sea; your love came softly upon your hearts, just as the foam comes softly upon the sand, and just as there will never be a morning without the ocean's flow, so there will never be a day without your love for each other.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Mindy...I am just loving reading about your special wedding and wishing anything that I could have been there to see your sweet family! My Seth and I were just talking about how perfect this wedding was...it was so you! I love how simply and elegant and personal it was...and I think you and Seth will always be so pleased with your lovely day! I love your family and can't wait until we can actually meet them! you promised to come visit after Jules was born...so come on down! We can't wait to meet that Elem and his big cheeks!

Love you! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers