Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our fantasy beach wedding

Yay! We did it! We are so happy to announce that we finally got married on Friday night May 30th 2008 in Panama City Beach at 7:00pm. :):)

We were out of town on vacation all last week, but seriously there was so much that happened that I am going to have to break it down into days or segments or something! SO I figure that since the wedding was the most important and special part of our trip-although it was at the end, I am dying to blog about it! And show off all the great pics that we got. The next few blogs will most likely be dedicated to the trip, but this one will only be on the wedding.




For as long as I can remember I have wanted a beach wedding. It just always seemed right to me and I never could imagine getting married in a church, in front of a lot of people, spending a lot of money on pictures or flowers, or simply having the stress of planning the whole thing. And when Seth and I met, we always knew we would have a beach wedding. We both love nature and the water and the waves and the sunset, all things that come together just showing peace and beauty, more beauty than you could ever create indoors in our minds.

The day before the wedding, I went to get a much needed hour long massage and drank like a half a bottle of champagne right before to make it very relaxing! And it was! It was so fabulous and put me right in the perfect mood heading into my wedding day. ALso the day before I headed to find some flowers and food with Ali and Phyllis (seths sis and mom). We ended up buying awesome lillies, and gerber daisies, and some little flowers I am not sure of the name all in bright orange, lime green, and purple-which were the only colors I wanted! Then we grabbed some food from Sams for after the wedding, and a few serving dishes and some ribbon from the dollar tree, along with a cake from Publix (grocery store). Here is the breakdown:

Flowers: $25.00
Cake: $20.00
Food: $50.00
Dollar Store: $12.00
Grand Total: $107.00


Overall, super cheap but it turned out to be so lovely.

All day I just chilled on the beach, laid out, played with Elem, and simply relaxed. No one would let me do anything, which I secretly loved, and I think the toughest thing I did all day was take a shower. Wait-getting Elem dressed was the toughest thing I did all day-now I remember! :)

Ali and Phyllis decorated the tiki torches, made my bouquet and everything. I guess they know me pretty well, because for me not to even see it until time for us to get married, and then absolutely LOVE what they did-that was good.

Here we are right before the wedding. If you click on the pic you can get a good view of my flowers! So pretty And bright and happy. Just what I wanted.


Elem and I right before we went down the aisle. I think I was trying to get him to come to mommy.


My little Flower girl, Cecilia, and her daddy walking down the aisle with her. She did so great and held her big girl flower so pretty. I love this little girl. She is too precious for words.


Me and my little man, walking me down the aisle. It was so awesome to have my two most important men in my life-one standing right next to me holding my hand, and the other waiting on me at the other end of the aisle. Not much of a better feeling. I hadnt been nervous one time all day and was just so happy to enjoy the moment, until right about now. But my nerves kinda shifted to if Elem could actually make it walking through the sand this far, rather than me being nervous for the actual ceremony! He did great and walked me right to daddy.


Seth and I during the ceremony. I was so happy, I couldnt stop grinning, and although he doesnt want me to put this, he was tearing up. He is a very emotional guy, but he took a deep breath, looked at the waves, then looked at me and he was solid for the rest of the time! I love you Seth Shelby.


The ceremony was really short and sweet-just like we wanted and was tied into the ocean and the waves etc. I cant tell you how awesome it was to say I do while the waves were hitting the shore and to see the sun setting all around us. The waves were sooo loud since we were right there on them, and then add in a helicopter that went by super low, which they always do throughout the day, and a trash tractor that went through behind us, and that was the majority of the noise. It was funny thought and we all just looked around like, oh well!

During the ceremony Seth and I exchanged rings, which I knew we were going to do, but he totally had a surprise for me. I had gotten him this titanium black ring, and then he had gotten me this ring from his aunt that was an antique. And we totally didnt know anything about the wedding band thing. But during the ceremony when she said seth please put Mindy's ring on her left finger, it was a totally knew wedding band! It was platinum and had all these diamonds all over it! I was so shocked and confused and was just like baby-what in the world! He had gone and gotten it without my even knowing. He was too sweet and that totally made my day then.

After exchanging rings, we said a vow to Elem, where we promised to love him and teach him everything we knew and to always be there for him. Of course he was crying during it for some reason, but deep down I know he was listening and love it! haha!

Then was our kiss and we were officially Mr. and Mrs. Seth Shelby!

Elem looking for his mommy to pick him up and run away into the sunset with him!


ANd so I did. He is too sweet.


I just can not get enough of him. He keeps me smiling from ear to ear pretty much all the time.


My showing off my new rings to my sis. And little nephew Wyatt seemed to like the bling bling as well..I think.


The group pic of everyone at the wedding: From left to right:
Paul (seths dad, Phyllis (seths mom), Vincent and Becky and Wyatt (my sis, her hubby and new baby boy), My brother Andy behind them, and then my mom, Elem, me, seth, Ali (seths sis), and her baby cecilia and hubby dustin in front. Spoon our best friend in back, and Tommy and Mandy, two of our closest friends!


Me and the kiddies, and some random people in the background who obviously didnt want to take notice of the wedding happening right next to them.


My and my brother Andy-it was his first time to meet his nephews, both Elem and Wyatt.


My brother in law and my little nephew. I love this pic, how Wyatt is just gazing at Vincent.


My sis and Wyatt, me, my mom and my bro. I love my fam. My dad couldnt make the trip but he was there in spirit. Love you dad!


Me and my beautiful sis. My best friend in the whole wide world, other than my two favorite men. :)Wyatt- I think you slept through pretty much the whole thing, but I still love you. Lets just be thankful he didnt get sunburned-that pretty white red headed thing.


Ill leave you with this photo of our family. If you cant tell, Elem was crying miserably and did not want to take any more pics. He was ready for bed! But I desperately wanted a pic of us walking and holding hands with him. At least we tried, right? WHat can you do with a one year old, not too much, but let him cry. :(


I will be posting on the reception along with pics tomorrow! That one took soo long and I am supa tired after all that! I need some cuddle time with my new hubby!

10 comments:

Kylie Williams said...

ok this almost made ME cry- you really looked so happy and beautiful Mindy. I'm not kidding, that pic where you are telling Elem to come here is so beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys and the wedding was perfectly you guys and perfectly beautiful.
And yes I still think you and your brother are twins. I know, I know- but seriously there is a crazy cosmic resemblence.

Kylie Williams said...

i think its kinda funny how jaims got married, then a year and a week later I got married, then a year and a week later you got married...who's gonna carry on this tradition next?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It looks like you had a beautiful wedding. I love seeing all of the pictures! Best wishes to your family!

Mittig family said...

Congrats on a beautiful wedding! You all look so happy! Can't wait for more pics and stories from the week...and a close up of your fancy new ring!

Scott said...

Okay, so this DID make me cry! :) So precious, all of you. Yay for you & Sethy poo! You looked so, so beautiful! And I have to agree with Kylie, I too, am convinced you and your brother are twins!:)

Big A said...

Congratulations! So happy for you two! Looks like you guys had a great time and a wonderful wedding!

Mindy said...

thanks everybody! Wow talk about an ego boost! You all make me feel so good. haha. For real though, it was so perfect and we are so happy. :):) I am still smiling.

Kimberly said...

I am soo late and behind on checking blogs but am finally catching up and have so much to say!
First of all your wedding looks absolutely perfect!! You can tell how in love you guys are and it looks like it fits ya'll perfectly!
Elem looks absolutely adorable and you make the most beautiful beachy bride!!!
I am sooo happy for you guys and so glad you guys had a great time at the beach! Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Mindy,

Congratulations on your wedding! What a beautiful setting, I have always dreamed of a very low key beach wedding like that as well, I am so glad you made it happen and I wish you and your new little gorgeous family nothing but the best!

~Carolyn

Mindy said...

again, thanks yo! to everybody! Uhm...so did I ever mention that getting comments is like the best! Not sure why I get so excited but it is fun! hehe.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers