Monday, June 23, 2008

Latest check up



Yes I have been a little behind on the blogging this week due to tons of work and no time for play! So I want to post this before I forget and to hopefully pacify those thinking I have forgot to document on my little dude.

On Wednesday I took Elem in for his 12 month check up-yes I was a little late on that, but I actually did it on purpose because of the shots. Now that I think about it, I should have takin him in on time for the 12 month check up and just sad I want to wait on the shots. Anywho-he is doing great and passed with flying colors. He is 31 and 1/4 inches long, and is weighing in at 26lbs. WHich sounds like a lot to some of you people whose kids weighed 19 lbs at their yearly, but it is actually really good for him, because he has thinned out a lot in the last month or 2 months, and has only gained 1 lb in the last 2 months. He was in about the 75% for everything-weight, length, and head, blah blah. So that was fabulous to get all those stats. As a momyou just wanna know your kiddo is okay in every aspect.



A few things the doc asked:

Lets see his teeth?-he currently has 8 now with the latest addition of two on the bottom

Is he drinking from a cup? yes drinks form one most of the time except at night

Can he speak a few words? yes tons of them! his latest is bannana, or Nana- and he just learned Poppa yesterday!

Does he dance and clap? yes all the time, he is a dancing machine-and started dancing on the spot for the doc!

Is he sleeping all night? yes! Just about every night all the way through and he does wake up around 6 for a bottle and then goes back to sleep immediatly.

Is he drinking milk? no, but I had tried it that one time and he got sick. Doc said keep on trying-and so I have been and he has been drinking it ever since. I dont think I am going to buy any more formula! wahoo. We will see how it goes this week like that!

Can he eat with his fingers?Of course! He eats on his own with his fingers and with utensils-which is soo awesome!

He continued to ask a series of questions which I am happy to say Elem is way above and beyond where he needs to be at his age. He said his motor skills are incredible and he couldnt believe he has been walking since he was not even 10 months old! I was very happy to brag on my little boy during the visit at the doc! haha!



After the check up, he did receive three of the five shots needed at the yearly check up. I have read the studies that show that after males receive their 1 year shots, it is at that time that some signs of autism are detected. I am not sure if this is accurate, but at this time, it is my feeling that all those shots are way too much medacine to be putting into my little boys legs! and body! So for now, he will go back in a month to receive 2 more shots, and then I will most likely get his 15 month shots about a month or 2 late-just trying to spread it all out. I believe it is the MMR shot that I should be post worried about, and I am going to do my best to get that one split up into three separate times. I know that is a lot of doctors visits and a lot of shots, for something that has not even been proven yet, but I just feel like if it is something I can prevent then I want to prevent it. I have also read about those horror stories where children have awful seizures the night after they have received various shots. I guess I am just scarred but I want to be as precautious as I can. Thats all for now!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Good for you Mindy...I would do the shots in that exact way if I were you! You just can't be too careful! Plus, mama's know best..before Doctors!!! Elem is cute!!! We just got Jillian's 2 year shots today! SHe still hates them...that won't ever change I don't think!

Scott said...

Good idea girl. I still need to read about all those shots that our little guy will be getting at his 1 year visit. Do they get any before that? Geez, I have a lot to learn. THANKS again for everything yesterday; the shower was perfect! Aidan loves his Aunt Mindy! :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers