Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pantry interest

This morning Elem woke up in a great mood! No crazy mess to clean up and no tummy ache that I could see. I am sooo happy he at least has made it this far today without any stomach troubles to speak of. I am not certain if it is the milk or if he just has some kind of stomach virus-I honestly just do not know. I really dont want him to be allergic to milk, but I would at least like to know what the problem is, to try and make it so he just feels better overall.

It is so funny to me every morning when he gets up, because for the most part he is always smiling when I walk in there. he is usually sitting in there talking about something and playing with his stuffed animals in the bed and what not. As soon as I pick him up, he always starts pointing right to our room and starts rambling. He knows that when he gets up, it is time to brush those teeth! So I always go, what you wanna go brush brush? Brush Teeth? And he is ready to go from then on! he is a tooth brushing boy too! he loves loves loves it! And not only does he want to brush his teeth with his tooth brush, but he also wants to do it with a big tooth brush too, so we keep an extra in there just for him, so he can have 2 chances to brush those teeth every time!

After he brushed teeth this morning, he was running around the house, playing with toys, and what not. I was blow drying my hair and when I had finished I called him from our bathroom. he has started this new thing where when we say "Elem Zane" he says "huh" and will come to you. It is so funny and makes me laugh out loud every time I hear it. So of course I am yelling "elem Zane" come here, and he says "huh" and then comes running in. Except he stopped ran back into the living room and then right back to me. When he came back, he was carrying a pair of shoes, sat down in front of me and tried to put them on his little feet. So then he looked at me and handed the shoes to me. and was holding his foot. Kinda like-here, this is where it goes, please put this one on. hahaha. It was too funny. So I put them on for him and and goot up and started running around and giggling. I think he was excited that he had wanted something and then I figured it out and did it for him. Seriously, it was way too cute.

here is a shot of the shoes he picked out special. Water shoes of all things. And these are water shoes he has never even wore. (Please note that he is still in pajamas-no I do not let him wear outfits with characters on them, I dont exactly like them or think they are cool! haha But as far as pajamas, they will do.)


Now, after he got his shoes on, I went ahead and got dressed, and he ran off into the kitchen following Sage or something. And I didnt hear him, so I knew he was getting into something or playing seriously hard with some toy. So I walked out of my bedroom and didnt see him anywhere, but I could hear something in the kitchen. At that point I knew where he was-he was in his new favorite place:
The pantry.


He totally knows that the pantry is where the food is, and when he gets hungry he goes to the pantry door and can always get it opened if it is just cracked a little bit. Not only does he know there is food in there, he can reach some, and he picked his favorite out this morning for breakfast-
Vanilla Wafers.


Only problem was, he was having some difficulty getting one that was already opened. Bless his little heart, he must have been for real hungry.


He tried and tried and tried.


And finally I broke down and opened one for him. I mean, the fact that he got into the pantry to find something to eat, picked out his breakfast, and was willing to eat through the bag, I felt as if it was my only choice.




I love catching him doing stuff like this, because it just makes me realize little ways that he is growing. I mean as a baby, your kid cries, and then you figure out what it is that they need, but as they start to learn things right before your eyes, it is so amazing when they actually connect something that was a need they had to have you fullfill, but that they can now fullfill themselves. It is vrey cool to me to watch Elem grow every single day-and I probably watch a little too closely, but I just love it! I guess that is why I work with kids. I just think it is amazing to see such a little person grow and learn right before my eyes!

4 comments:

Scott said...

That is the most awesomest blog ever! Love the pictures that chronicle his journey to finding his breakfast. Too Cute. Seriously, how can you resist him ANYTHING with that precious face??

Brittney said...

I think Elem has GREAT hair! It is so silky and smooth!!! He is a sweet boy and just wanted him some wafers!!! The shoe obsession may never end...it cause some serious drama in our house!!!

Anonymous said...

That is such a fun stage! We had to order a new locking knob for our pantry, for that same reason!

Mittig family said...

What a little cutie! I love how you take so many pictures and have such great stories to go with them!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers