Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Well-goodbye whole milk, hello SOY milk?

I was so happy to say that Elem had switched to whole milk the other day, but that was before he started having insane stomach issues. Ever since I switched him from the formula to whole milk, he sadly has had diharrea and an upset stomach. It hasnt been all the time, because it almost seems to come in spurts, but he has had stomach cramps and diharrea every single day since.

This morning was the WORST and was so sad that I had to try something else. I am not even sure if I am making the right move switching him again, but I feel like I have to try. If you could have seen him this morning, you would have cried-like I almost did. I went in to get him out of bed, and he was already crying, as soon as I saw him, I saw that he was covered in "mess"-I will just leave it at that, and I had a huge mess to clean up. I had to give him a mini bath, while he screamed -as fast as I could. After he was all cleaned up, I put him on the floor and he continued to role around in pain and scream at the top of his lungs for 45min! He did not want me picking him up or touching him for that matter, so I just gave him his distance. I finally gave him some Gripe water-which is an organic stomach soother for upset stomachs and for babies who are nauseious. And literally 10 minutes later he was giggling. I have no idea how that stuff works, but it is amazing!

So we headed off to Walmart a few minutes later to pick up some Soy milk. I am not sure if this change will work out, but I am optimistic, and hoping for the best. So we will see! For now, he is good and doesnt seem to be cramping or anything, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Courtney Rogers said...

I hope your day started off better than yesterday! Hang in there!

Jaime said...

Oh my goodness...poor Elem. You should tell your pediatritian at your next visit that you suspect he might have a milk allergy. They can tell you with a simple blood test whether or not he does. As for the gripe water...this is the first time I have heard about it, and I am totally stocking up!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers