Monday, September 15, 2008

He makes me happy.

Seth had to go out of town this week for a shoot in Fort Smith. It always seems like I dont realize how weird it is and how much I miss him being gone until he is already gone. Once he gets back in town I am so glad he is here and everything just goes back into the normal routine that I forget how much I missed him. Little things like falling asleep on the couch and then getting up to go to bed later on together, seem so weird to do on my own. haha. Sounds silly, because I dont think of myself as a needy person. But when Seth isnt here all the weird sounds come out for me to hear late at night, I cant ever find anything to eat, and I cant ever seem to catch my breath from the end of the day. When he is hear I just run smoother-I guess you could say. So, since I am missing my hubby, I thought I would let you all in on 10 little reasons why I love my man. :)

(This one not included***He gives sweet baby kisses to Elem. So sweet. )


1. He lets me have the big side of the couch! We have one of those "L" shaped couches with one long side and one side like a love seat. Ever since I was pregnant he has always let me have the big side, and I guess it just stuck! We are one of those couples who, when we get home and Elem is in bed, we lay down in the same spot, with the same pillows, and the same blankets-every-single-night. I love it.

2. He takes care of dinner. He is my chef. And when I say he cooks every night, I mean he cooks every night. I never have to touch a thing! I do the cleaning and he does the cooking. It works out good that way since I am so not a master in the kitchen, unless you count mashed potatoes as a big time course! whoo! Thank goodness for a man who is good in the kitchen.

3. He lets me have my slave blanket at night. I have held on to this crazy, old, quilted blanket for about the last 10 years. I think I got it sometime in college, not sure to be exact, but it has these slave like looking people all over it, and it is hideous looking! And is totally falling apart. But it is one of those blankets that keeps you cool when you need to be cool and warms you up just enough when you are cold. I love love love it. And although we laugh at it every night, he always comes around the corner at just the right time, with the ole slave blanket. Thanks baby.

4. He lets me hang my pictures on the wall. Crooked. :) And then he fixes them. When he has time. :) I am one of those people that when I have a decorating idea, I totally want to do it right then and there. If I have everything together or if I rig it to look cute, I want it up and I want it up then. So he lets me hang my photos and what not all around the house, and then he either laughs and fixes it, or just continues to laugh. Either way, I appreciate the allowance to decorate as I please.

5. He understands my geographical challenges. In that I mean, I am horrible at geography and anything pertaining to geography-including but not limited to: states, capitals of states, where states are located, recognizing north, south, east, and west, cities and populations, countries, etc. I could go on and on, but you get the point. I am horrible at it. And I just have come to the understanding that I will never get it. No matter how many times Seth tells me, what state a city is located in, I just cant remember it. And when I mistake a city for a state or something like that, he just giggles, and then tries to quiz me till I get it right. He is so cute!

6. He loves my directions. Or my lack there of. Lets just say, I dont get directions either. Most people include streets and interstate names, north or south, miles and feet. Not me, I have to stick to landmarks, and they usually arent the staple ones. My directions are vague but they make sense to me. And even though he laughs when I start to tell him where something is, he knows me so well that he usually can follow what I have told him. I laugh when I hear myself trying to give directions, so I know it must be funny to hear it from another perspective. But hey, thats just how my brain works. :)

7. He gets me surprises. This might be silly too, but I love it! Seth hates to go to Walmart, Target, well shopping in general, but he always seems to get me something small where ever he goes! When he goes out of town to Chicago, he always picks me out something from Michigan Ave. Or when he goes to Walmart for milk for Elem, he always seems to come back with a little something for me. Be it dip in dots, oreo pie, a flower, or some spinach dip, all girls like surprises, and they make me feel special!

8. He watches reality tv with me. I hate to admit it, but I am a reality TV junkie. I try not to watch too much TV because I do think spending time playing with Elem and chillin with Seth is much more fun! BUT I do love me some reality TV. Thanks to DVR I get the best of both worlds, and can watch my shows commercial free! Of course I cant ever get enough of shows like The Hills, The Real Housewives of Orange County, and the Real World (even though its like season 99!) but he still watches them with me. Not all of them, but if I have recorded it and I want to chill, he is totally down to do it with me. I think he secretly likes the Hills, but dont say that to him. He will always deny it!

9. He is the best dad! I could go on and on about this one, but I will keep it short. Seth is pretty cautious when it comes to Elem and he looks to me for decisions, just since little kids are my field and what not. But what he doesnt hardly ever know is that just about every decision he makes on his own is just as good as the ones I tell him to make. haha. He giggles, and chases, and talks in silly voices, he sings, and acts goofy, and even changes those diapers when he himself is gagging! :) He is such a fun and great dad, and I love to see him and Elem together. I wish they didnt look like the spitting image of each other sometimes, but heck Ill get over it one day!
(As you can see below, he was not afraid to go swimming me Elem and I in our 2 foot high baby pool this summer.)


10. He plays with my hair and scratches my arms. I like to call it petting. And I love to be pet! I cant ever get enough of someone playing with my hair, or scratching my back or my arm, giving me a massage, ANYTHING! And just about every single time I look over to Seth and say, :You wanna scratch my arm?" He just giggles, and does it. So sweet. Sometimes it only lasts for about 2 minutes, but it is better than nothing! And I love it. It makes me relax.

That was so fun! Those are the cheesiest reasons ever, but they were just the first 10 that came to mind! I could totally go on and on, but I actually need to try and get some rest. For now, there is a little snipet into the mind of Mindy. Here are a couple of pics of Elem and Seth! But the one at the top of the page is my favorite. :) Its so sweet. Daddy and Bubba during a football game right after a nap. So sweet.



5 comments:

becky said...

i like the one of seth and elem in the baby pool. that is a big baby pool i really like it. love you all 3.

Nish said...

Mindy you are so blessed to have such a lovely family and fun times. and your posts crack me up some (even though am at work, sssshhh!)keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Awe, you are so blessed Mindy! But then again, so is he. :)

I too, am geographically challenged (as I like to put it) and on top of that I can't do ANY math, I don't get cardinal directions or judging distances by yards or feet or any of that crap. But hey, we can't be perfect ALL the time, can we??!! ;)

Scott said...

So sweet! You two were sooo meant for each other. Not to mention, you make freakin' pretty babies. So, I expect another one soon missy! haha!

Brittney said...

I love the one of Seth and Elem in the pool together!!! Daddy's are so fun aren't they????

I am so sure your two boys have so much fun together!!!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers