Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shoes are a MUST

At what point down the line did someone say, "Hmm I think we should make tons and tons of fabulous girl shoes, and none for boys!"? HUH??? It is soo not fair! this is the every returning question that I continue to ask myself every single time I walk into any shoe store, Target, Walmart, anywhere! Every way I turn I see pink, and white, flowers, and swirlies. Enough wonderful shoes to fit all the little girls ever to walk the earth. And then you have the one pair of boy shoes. Yes the one pair in the whole store that have been there for about 4 months, never to be updated, and they are so cheesy. Where are all the famous boy shoe designers! Hello?? Boys gotta look good too. Heck, they gotta wear shoes every day, so you would think, someone would have decided to throw them a couple cute pairs here and there!

If you cant tell I have been thinking about this very topic for a long long time! In my search for cool trendy shoes for my child, this is what I have discovered. There are basically 4 kinds: the brown dorky boy sandal, the white or black tennis shoe with possibly a white or black stripe on them (way over priced, yet I dont know why), and the black and white stiff and uncomfortable dress shoe (very old school, and hurt to bad to wear), and the cartoon character flip flop/shoe (ugh.). So what to do for all us trying to keep our kids in style even though they are what you might call a waddler. You basically have to search, search day and night till you find a good pair, and then buy them at that very moment. It is sad that every time I walk into a store, no mater what kind of store, I am like a vulture always on the look out for a good shoe buy!

I am happy to say that I feel like, despite the shoe dilemma put in my path, I have successfully dressed my kid in fabulous shoes. haha! Well I think they are fabulous and I wanted to share the great boy shoes I have found, if there are any more of you mothers of little boys needing shoe ideas! And also to make note that I need suggestions! This is Elem's current choice of shoes!

The stride right tenni. Velcro ae good for him due to his chubby little foot. And I love the orange and blue! They go good with brown outfits.


The classic black and white converse. Need I say more? (I still wear these exact shoes about every other day during fall and winter!)


Nice clean Js, as daddy is calling them. In other words, some Jordans. What little boy cant have a pair of baby Jordans!


The black and white pumas. These are an every day favorite-to go with more of an athletic outfit versus choosing the converse. I got really lucky on these, a friend gave them for Elem's 1st birthday! Of course when I went to Journeys to try and find another cool pair of them, they had no other color choices. boo.


And finally, the alligator eccho sandal. As I mentioned before, I am totally against the cheesy brown boy sandal that is for sell in every shoe store in america! These are courtesy of memaw-it was between the stride rights and the sandals and memaw made them both happen! I think these are cute.



All that said, we are going to be in need of some fall and winter shoes here very shortly. So far I have found this awesome site called piperlime. ANd they have so many great shoes, and they are pretty decent prices. I mean some are a little pricy for us, but most are reasonable. ANy thoughts on which ones we should get? He is a size 6 and 1/2 these days and I am afraid I should get size 7 to ensure he actually gets good use out of them. Geez. size 7 at 16 months, that even sounds insane as I tyoe this! My big boy! And I am kind of out of luck unless the shoes have velcro or strings on them, because Elem's foot is to chubby for slip ons, which I love! So any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Piperlime

Check out the site if you are in need of cute baby shoes. I cant stop looking. It is way more addicting buying for your kid than it is for shopping for yourself! Everything looks fabulous on them. hehe.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Ummm...Liv wears size 7.5! Elem is certainly the man with his extra large feet and awesome shoe choices. As frustrating as I am sure the little boy shoe selection is you have definitely pulled it through and styled him well!

Kylie Williams said...

omgosh the grey velcro new balance are old skool cuteness.

Mindy said...

yes I totaly love the old school new balance and the kenneth cole reaction blue and white ones! they aRE SOOOOOO cute!

becky said...

there are many extremely cute shoes on this site. when wyatt starts wearing shoes i will definately have to look there although 35 dollars and up is a lot to pay for little shoes they will grow out of but then again i do need an in style child since he is extremely pale and red headed.:)

Brittney said...

I see where you are coming from...in all the stores, there is like 90% girl stuff and the rest is boys! I love Pedipeds...and I think they have some cute boy shoes too. The problem is, they are expensive...and I hate spending $30 on shoes for my kids when they just grow so quick!

Elem's foot is funny...Jillian is in a 5 1/2!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Those pictures are so darn adorable...he has the chubbiest little ankles I LOVE IT!!! The Pumas are SO cool. ;)

Scott said...

Um, yeah, that is not fair! Thanks for the heads up on the boys shoes. You know I will have to follow your lead as I am sure I would have ended up with the brown sandals that every other little boy has! LOL. Seriously.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers