Thursday, October 16, 2008

Counting is a marvelous thing

Counting to 3 that is! When you are only 17 months old at that! haha. Just this week, Elem has started doing some really grown up things. And I cant get over how they develop literally over night. We were driving on Monday night to Uncle Spoons house for his birthday party, and I had grabbed a ball from work so that Elem could have something fun to play with while we were over there. So I opened the package and threw it in the back of the car with him. I of course started counting, and going 1, 2, ...3!!! And he soon joined in. To where he was over powering my own counting! He has never counted all the way to 3. I was so excited for him. But he was even more excited to get to 3 than I was to hear him count it out loud! ha. Now, he doesnt really ever say one, but I do that to get it going. Still, it is the cutest thing I have ever heard. And his genuine excitement every single time he gets to number 3 is enough to melt your heart. :)

Also, please enjoy the end when he is throwing the ball-in my direction. Seth found it to be the best part of the video. And you will have to forgive Sage for her continuos barking. She was in serious need of some attention and I just wasnt giving it to her bless her heart. You will also see his recent, yet ongoing obsession with shoes. Big people shoes. He loves to put them on. No matter whose they are or where he finds them. Enjoy.

3 comments:

mom said...

That was the cutest!! He was really repeating everything.
Give him a kiss from Memaw.

becky said...

He is really counting well. He is so smart. I miss you guys. Give Elem a kiss for me also.

Brittney said...

That is the sweetest video! I need you to teach me how to upload mine because I have a million of these things!!!! Will you help me? I love how excited he is with couting...and I know how happy it makes you. Jilly can count to 20 and I could not be more proud of anything in my life!!! Ahh...the little things are what matter most, right????

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers