Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving thanks and so long to fall

We have had such a wonderful month, jam packed with colds, ear infections, more ear infections, lots of cold weather, a whole lot of work, and loads of fun! Never have I been so thankful as I was on this Thanksgiving! It is truly amazing when you take a few seconds to sit down and think what you are thankful for! Especially in the state our country is in, with all the things that seem to be so terrible, it only takes a moment to see the things you couldn't be more happy about. For me, this year, I am so thankful for my family-Seth and Elem. I have the most wonderful husband who is for sure my very best friend in the whole world! he loves me through good and bad and has seen me at my best and my worst. I have the sweetest and most loving little boy who I catch myself just starring at for no reason, because he is so truly beautiful and smart. I cant imagine my life without him! I am so thankful for the rest of my family as well who takes care of my little family day and night-for my mom and dad, in laws, sister and brother, nieces and nephews, I am so lucky to have such a great support system, and wouldn't be able to make it without them! I am thankful for my job-although at times it seems too much, it keeps me grounded and aware of how lucky I am to be in the place I am. To have a home, friends who love me and a safe place for my kid to be day and night. Lastly-my friends, near and far, those I see all the time and those I never see (B-that would be you!) I have the best friends in the whole world, and they love me no matter how busy I am and even when I only come out of the house every once in a while! haha. Its so great to feel loved even when you cant hang out all the time! In short, I feel loved, lucky, and so happy.

This Thanksgiving, my parents headed to see my sis and her family, so we missed them greatly, but we headed on to Seth's Aunt Nancy's for a huge Thanksgiving! Relatives were in from Louisiana (just in time for the LSU/Razorback Game), like they do every other year. These were the best pics I got of Elem from the day.
Up close and sweet-

The best leaves I could find-haha-most of them are dead around here, so this is all I could get.


Unfortunately I was a little under the weather, and was somewhat anti social due to the hacking cough I had, but I tried to catch a few pics throughout the day. Normally, I get a ton of pics, but there were so many people and I felt so yucky, that I wasnt in the mood to beg for people to turn around or to take my pic. So I didnt get any pics of me and Elem and Seth, which is kinda sad-but I will make up for those this week! I plan on getting some family pics before the weather gets too cold here, and no more outdoor photos will be fun! Back to Thanksgiving Day-throughout the day, the trend for Elem seemed to be football, football, and more football. I have mentioned it before, but he has this recent obsession with everything football! And so we play football all the time, whether it is with a football, or just a regular ball, that he calls football. I noticed throughout the day that he played football with just about everybody there!

Football with Uncle Griggs


Football with Daddy


Football with Poppa and Sissy


Then there was playing on the porch-which included lots of time dedicated to opening and closing the front door over and over again.


Some good time with Papaw (his great grandfather), eating shredded cheese on Thanksgiving none the less.


Finding the perfect game on TV-and turning it on and then off, on and then off, on and then off.....


And eventually time was taken to sit down and give thanks-and rest


It was a great day despite my not feeling so great, and it was a good chance to be with family. After the long day we headed home and before we got onto the main road, Elem was already sleep. It was quite a day for him! Oh that reminds me of one more thing I am thankful for-Elem's nap time. :) Which is currently the only way I am able to get a blog in these days-so we must let them go forgotten. The following day was of course the Razorback/LSU game, which I would like to add, we won 31-30. Seth went to the game with his dad and family, while Grammy and I staid home with the babies. Which means, I should have a nice day of going out headed my way! haha! I am sad to see November go by so quickly, just another holiday gone too fast, and another month under Elem's belt. But I am happy to see Christmas coming right around the corner. So long fall, and hello Christmas Spirit!

3 comments:

mom said...

We missed seeing you, Seth, and Elem this Thanksgiving! I wish everyone didn't live so far apart. Oh well, we will be even more mobile next year...all of us. We'll just have to take turns visiting. We are coming during December tho!!! I love you!

becky said...

Missed ya'll so much. I can't believe how much has changed in 1 year. Last year Elem was only 6 months old and I was 5 months pregnant. CRAZY!!

Scott said...

Sorry you were feeling yucky Lou-Lou! But, I sure am glad you got some pics of your little HANDSOME man playing good ol' football. Too cute! Hopefully you guys will make it out to see us this week. We would LOVE to see you! Muahhh!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers