Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas with Mimi and Go Daddy

We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


Before they came, the title would have been, "Christmas with Memaw and Grandaddy". But while they were here Elem seemed to rename them what he saw fit. So for now, my parents will be known to the grandkids as Mimi and Go Daddy. (Sorry Wyatt, since you are the youngest, you have to call them what Elem does!) My parents headed down the weekend before Christmas to spend time with us for the holidays, and then they were going to head off to Rossville, GA to spend time with my sis and her fam, so they could enjoy Wyatt's first Christmas at his home. Which worked out perfectly, because I ended up getting sick on the actual Christmas day-but I will get into that on a later post. For now, the good stuff!

Let me start off by saying, the on Friday night, Elem, Seth, and I went to his first Bryant/Benton game! Which was a huge deal for us, because we live in Bryant, and of course support the locals. Seth went their, all his family and friends went their, blah blah. So we go, we have fun, but I notice as soon as we walk into the stadium that he is really rubbing his eyes, and they are super runny. I immediately KNOW he has pink eye in both eyes, but there is nothing I can do until the next morning when the doc opens up. So we enjoy the game, wake up bright and early on Saturday morning to call the pediatrician, get them to send in a script to the pharmacy, and pick it up as soon as possible. I send Seth to pick up the meds, while Elem and I wait to greet my parents. What a nice welcome too, a couple of red, matted eyes and a big grin from Elem Zane! My parents got here about an hour later, said hello to their favorite grandson :), everyone gots lots of hugs and kisses, Seth made it back, we got the drops in, and moved on with the festivities for the weekend! Whew-a full day and we hadnt even begun yet!

As soon as Seth got back we of course had to dive right in to opening the presents. We we so excited because we pretty much already knew some of the awesome goodies we were getting, so who wants to wait??! Elem actually hadnt seen my parents in about a month, so he stated off being shy, and just had this grin on his face, and started some new thing with his tongue, where he just rolls it all around. Not sure about that-but whatever. Finally he went on ahead and took the plunge and gave his memaw and grandaddy their lovin-it took all of 10 minutes to figure out he was ready. ha!
Elem started off with the first gift as it should be. And actually it was a double bonus-super clothes-which makes me happy, and then a Barney DVD which makes him happy. Barney, Barney, oh how he loves the Barney.

Then a present with grandaddy, not even his, but he was diggin the unwrapping part.

After we opened a couple of gifts, Daddy opened Elem's most wonderful, awesome, didnt know how much he would love it-gift of all-the portable DVD players.

Opening presents was so much fun, I love Christmas. Not just because of the presents, just giving, and seeing people smile, its all so super fun to me. I can not get enough of it! We pretty much chilled all day, and my mom and I wrapped up some gifts for my sis, while Elem took a nap. It is so great to see her and my dad, especially when I havent seen them for so long. Even though we talk every other day or so, there is always plenty to catch up on. My chef of a husband cooked us all up a wonderful dinner, and everybody enjoyed the eats-even my picky little eater. Him loves those taties. Thank you grandaddy.

Now it it at this point in the day that Elem is trying to go around and say Memaw, but he just kept saying Mimi-it was all he could pronounce. Memaw is a little hard, so Mimi it is. And my mom agreed-he can call her whatever his little heart desires.

And then he ventured on to start calling my dad, but he was totally calling him Go Daddy instead of grandaddy. hahaha. This one really cracked me up. Go Daddy is one I havent heard before. Kisses from Go Daddy. So sweet.

Men of the day.

I tried to get in on as many pics as I could, but as always I am shunned. And I staid behind the camera. This sweet little boy was so good all day, I think he might have only thrown 1 tantrum-cant remember exactly, but he was great. And just as fun and loving as he always is. He is my heart.

Finally the first day of the weekend came to an end and we all parted our separate ways, My parents went off to my aunts to spend time with my aunt, uncle and a few cousins, and we drove around to check out the new present. The wonderful, awesome, crazy addicting present that Elem so luckily got on this very pre Christmas Day! After such a long day and still kickin. Who doesnt like rollin in the Jeep rockin to Barney's favorite songs DVD, on their very new and super groovy DVD player. Elem sure took advantage of the technology, and was sold by the first click of the power button. Thank you Mimi and Go Daddy for such a fun day! Stay tuned for "baking cookies with the grandparents tomorrow!" And for a nice laugh at how unlucky I am, please click on the icture to make it bigger. You can laugh when you see Barney in a mid dance on the little screen. Its okay, I know throughout my childhood I must have done something awful to parents to deserve this (the obsession with Barney I mean). Over, and over, and over again! haha!

2 comments:

mom said...

So many great pics!! I really like the one of Seth, Elem and Go Daddy.
When are you coming to see me? Tee Hee!! Have a GREAT NEW YEAR!! Enjoy the football today Seth!!

Scott said...

Aw, nice! So glad ya'll had such a great Christmas with your fam Mindy. The pics are great! Especially love the first family pic! You three just all look like each other! I love it!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers