Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Eve 08'

Almost caught up with Christmas, so this one will be a quicky! I just want to make sure I document what all we did for Christmas Eve. After the cookie baking was over, and we had spent the day together, my mom and dad headed out and back to Memphis so they could head straight on to Rossville, GA to meet up with my sis and her family. Although we hated to see them go, we were excited to celebrate with Seth's side of the family too! Which always means Christmas Eve. Unfortunately, my body was not so excited. I woke up around 2am on the night of the 23rd, with both my eyes matted shut, and I knew, of course that I had pink eye. I had a feeling about it, and it came true. So I jumped up, and grabbed Elem's medicine and started putting it in my eyes. I went back to bed in hopes of a clearer morning, but no such luck. Same old pink eye :( So I continued the meds and threw away those contacts! Such a waste. Geez! Now It was Christmas Eve, and I couldnt very well go missing Christmas Eve, even though elem and I both slightly had pink eye. So we washed up, and headed over to Aunt Nancy, as we always do on Christmas Eve for all the holiday festivities.

Us "pink-eye-ers" gots to stick together. hence the glasses. Hey we still have fun when we're together, even if we are sick. :(

Seth, Pawpaw and Grammy, Aunty Ali, Elem and Sissy's grammy in front with Elem and Cecilia


First things first-food! They always have insane spreads at these events-at least for the normal person they do. I always get the same thing-ham or turkey, mashed potatoes, and rolls. I am too picky I know, but I'm too old to be making changes. Elem and I tend to eat the same food. Dont think thats a good sign, but it sure makes for easy grocery shopping! Here is where Elem and Cecilia spent the majority of the night. In the windowsill with a pretzel dipped in icing. Who wouldnt want to join them?!

Aunt Leslie and the newest addition to the entire family-baby Avery. So sweet and so cute.

Mommy and Daddy. He loves me even though I have the pink eye.

Four generations. Grammy, Grammy, Ali, and Cecilia. Elem's Grammy has been wanting a pic like this, so here you go grammy!

And then it was onto the presents. Of course Elem, Cecilia, and Avery racked up since Ali is the next youngest kid. We had a lot of fun, and we ended up staying over there for about 3 hours. Elem and Cecilia did great and there were no major meltdowns. Its always so good to spend time with family and friends, just relaxing, talking, and eating some good food! By the end of the visit we were ready to get home and start planning for Santa Clause to come and visit our house. Elem had no idea what he was in for the next morning! Now I would like to add here that we went back to the house and let Elem pick one gift of his choice from under the tree to open, because that is what we always did as kids, and I really loved it! Although one present was never enough! But it kept you in the spirit and not wanting to wait till morning. But the whole present idea was still kind of new to Elem so we had actually been letting him pick one gift from under the tree every day until Christmas. It was only for about a week, but still by Christmas Eve he was finally getting the idea. Hey all the wrapped up things under the tree are called presents and I get to open them! He did open another present, jump in his jammies. His Hugh Hefner Christmas jammies that is. :)

I attempted to get a Christmas Eve photo shoot, but al the pics kept looking something like this:


So I called it quits. He was too wiggily and even with the bribe of candy, all I could get was one of these:

And thus the photo shoot was called to an end, and Elem Zane hit the hay. Santa stopped by and spent a good hour putting together Elem's big Christmas present for the next morning and it was all ready for when the little sweet baby would wake up from his long nights sleep.

2 comments:

becky said...

Those really do look like Hefner's pj's. Very cute!

Unknown said...

OMG he is so grown up looking!! Merry (late) Christmas and Happy New Year to you guys!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers